Power Washing Decks and Pricing

Will

i have done about 4 decks this summer and i have a lot more lined up. mostly they have been friends so i have not really charge a lot. Plus i gives me practice when i get out there and really start PW decks. Questions
1) How many PSI should you be using for a deck my machine PSI is 3000, but i have the ability to lower the pressure.
2) What type of deck cleaner should i use or is their a magic formula that everyone uses,
( I mixed part simple green and part bleach and it has been working well nothing but compliments.)
3)In my area i have been charging .35 a sq ft
for just the deck. But the decks that i have to do next week has post, benches, and stairs. What do i charge for the extras?
4) What do i charge for fences per sq ft?

Thanks for any help that you may have to offer.

Will Jay

Dan Flynn

PWN Founder
For wood use the least amount of pressure you can.

Your mix is fine if it works for you. If the decks do not have a sealer or stain on them. If they do, you need to use a wood stripper, then a cleaner.

Your price seems very low. How ever areas are very different. Just to clean we would be at 65 to 75 cents per sq ft. To clean and seal 1 to 5 dollars per sq ft depending on the size of the deck. Fence prices are 2.50 per side per ft clean and seal/stain.

------------------
Dan Flynn
Flynn Service Pro
www.powerwash.net
708/715-4206

Our Sponsors