sodium hydroxide question

M

Mike@Everclear

I would imagine that some people who have tried to mix it are no longer with us to comment on it........dangerous stuff, tread lightly.

------------------
Mike Hughes
Everclear
Souderton, PA

Dan Flynn

PWN Founder
Good point Mike. I say people will do what they will do. But if you do, I am sure someone you know will wish you didn't
boom.gif

------------------
Dan Flynn
Flynn Service Pro
www.powerwash.net
708/715-4206

sluggo

Sodium hydroxide is very dangerous in its pure 100%form. i was thinking of more like the diluted form of about 2 to 4%. This stuff is used in many around the house products. The stongest i can figure would be oven cleaner.The weakest would be somewhere in the fridge in your food.This is dangerous stuff no doubt but does anyone mix diluted form? It would seem that everyone and their uncle uses this in their stripper. Someone somewhere must have had a chemist buddy who let them in on a mix.I know that chemists have been hired to formulate plenty of mixes and chem manfactures spit out the finished product for owners/distributers.This may be the way i go when i have the cash. Just wondering if anyone was mixing this themselfs.Thanks in advance

Jeremy Garrett

I buy it from my local chem company in a 50 percent dillution. It has some rinsing aids etc. I think it cost around 50 dollars maybe as high as 80 for 5 gallons which can be dilluted a lot.

sluggo

Hey Jeremy,
I was wondering which chem company you deal with. I also was interested in your dilution How much are you able to produce with a 5 gallon container of 50% sodium hydroxide. What percent is the dillution you use. BY THE WAY I dont like the commute to Seattle in the morning. So I dont expect to make it that far north. Thanks in advance for your help. It's much apprieciated!

Our Sponsors