Phone bids

M

Mike@Everclear

A guy called me up today, wants to know about how much I would charge to clean and seal a 1688 sq ft deck. It was blatently obvious that he was just checkin' up on my pricing, not a real customer.

I politely informed him that I don't give out numbers on the phone, but I would be happy to come out and look at the deck. I told him there are too many variables, that I would have to see it......to that he says, well, it's a new deck.

It was hilarious, he kept trying and trying to get me to tell him a price, but I knew his real intentions. I think my attitude caught him off guard, he was fumbling his words. I guess I went off the script. Too funny.

Again, I told him I wouldn't give a price on the phone, and he persists...."Why?"
I told him I don't feel it's professional to give quotes over the phone and that I'd be happy to come out and look at it..... then I hung up.
laughing.gif

Anyone else get this kind of stuff?

------------------
Mike Hughes
Everclear
Souderton, PA

[This message has been edited by Mike@Everclear (edited July 27, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Mike@Everclear (edited July 27, 2000).]

Dan Flynn

PWN Founder
Funny you posted this today. I got the same call today. I found myself to be all over this guy. He also persisted. I told him that if he wanted to learn more about power washing to check out powerwash.net
fart.gif

He said he was to busy to want to power wash on the side and hung up. It's funny how I just knew this screw ball was probing me from the start.

------------------
Dan Flynn
Flynn Service Pro
www.powerwash.net
708/715-4206

rvagnoni

Mike,

I get this from time to time myself. After awhile you can tell you is price shopping and who isn't Sometimes if it's obvious I will just really give them a highball price.

Just my two sense worth.

------------------
Rick - Deck Care Plus

Our Sponsors