Stripping Sickens

ALL-BRITE

Looking at possibily stripping deck with sickens on it.
Any suggestions. Need to go do a test sample first.
will use Gypsy to strip it. Will it do the trick.]
First time for its use. Any suggestions for stripping it would be helpful. Also what would you charge to strip the deck approx 400sqft? Thanks Tim

------------------
Tim Highfield
ALL-BRITE POWERWASHING

Mike Hughes

Tim,

Good luck with it. I know that if you use the right product it can be done......but I have never tried it. I always just walk the other way from Sikkens. Let us know how it goes.......if Gypsy works for you, maybe I'll broaden my horizons and try one myself...

Does the 400sq feet represent just the floor? Does it have railings and/or spindles? Is it elevated?....etc.

------------------
Mike Hughes
Everclear
Souderton, PA

ALL-BRITE

Mike I don,t know for sure have not seen job yet.
Customer said that she would be tickled if I could just get the decking stripped and sealed.
But I plan on doing a sample area first to see how it works. That will also help me in my bid for time.

Anyone ever use this Gypsy before wondering how it works? Jim Bilyeu uses it and really likes it.

------------------
Tim Highfield
ALL-BRITE POWERWASHING

JR Wood

Aran , Sikkens is a ridiculously expensive stain/sealer ,When last checked it was $51 per gallon.It goes on in a three step process.Two coats go on first then you are supposed to wait 6 months and apply the final coat.It is extremely difficult to remove but it looks great.And lasts a long time.I personally think this is ridiculous.For the price you would have to charge for this you could redo the deck for three years in a row,and and have the deck looking brand new for four years.And not have to go through the hassle of trying to remove it.I think Wolman tried to copy the idea of sikkens with thier Extreme.

------------------

Jim Bilyeu

Good Morning Gentlemen,

In regards to GYPSY. This product will remove Sikens without any problems. This is a professional stripper. It will also remove paint so you have to protect any surfaces that you don't want to strip.

I am in a constant search mode for new and better products to use in the field of wood restoration. On my last two jobs, I have used another stripper called SC-300. This is a water base stripper that is 100% environmentaly safe and non flamable and it is user friendly. So far we have removed Timber-Flex and Resin-Lok using this product. Resin-Lox is a lot like Sikens, very hard to remove. We will soon be testing this product on Behr. If this product works on Behr as good as it has worked on the other products, it will be my #1 choice for a stripper.

This is not an advertisement for these products. SC-300 will not be for sale untill we know for sure that it will do the job we need it to do. I would like to send out some samples to other people to test and to get some feed back as to how it worked for them. If your interested in testing this product, let me know and I'll send you a sample. This product will be used for the hard to remove finishes.

SC-300 is not a Hasmat product, therefore it can be shipped air freight or overnight UPS. For you people on the East coast, shipping would be out of Tn. That is if everything works as it is suppose to. Right now I am very impressed with the product.

Jim Bilyeu
Exterior Woodcare

------------------

Jim Bilyeu

Don't know if this will work. Trying to attach a picture of the job we're doing using SC-300 to strip with.

Jim Bilyeu
Exterior Woodcare

------------------

Our Sponsors