Can Oxalic Acid remove Mill Glaze???

ALL-BRITE

Hi Michelle so hows it going have,nt heard from you in ages. I think that you might want to use bleach (although I don,t like using it) or possibly your stripper. I hav,nt read about oxalic being used for Mill Glaze but I could be wrong. Well talk to you later.
Hope that you are keeping busy. later Tim

------------------
Tim Highfield
ALL-BRITE POWERWASHING

ALL-BRITE

JR Please explain to me how the oxalic works as a mill glaze remover. What does it do to the wood to enable it to open the pores of the wood? I am always trying to gain more knowledge about the wood and deck restoration. Thanks Tim

------------------
Tim Highfield
ALL-BRITE POWERWASHING

JR Wood

I'm not sure exactly how it works but I guess mill glaze isn't that hard to remove.You can also use Disodium peroxydicarbonate (Wolman deck and fence britener)All it does is break the surface barrior created by dull blades at the mill.You are supposed to wait a week after cleaning off mill glaze to let the pores open up more.Are you a Wolman or olympic certified contractor? they tell you all this in thier manual.I don't know there web address but you can get there kits for free as well as some useful information.

------------------

[This message has been edited by JR Wood (edited August 26, 2000).]

Our Sponsors