Behr Products?

PCPW

Who uses Behr products?
We did a huge deck and patio cover using Wolman, the lady felt the deck was to "orangy" so she wanted us to do it again using Behr. She decided to change up the color midway through the sealing process, so we adjusted our price accordingly. Then gave her a great discount on striping & sealing the deck. We used Behr, and it looked beautiful!!
My confusion is, we used Behr on a fence a month or so ago, and I thought it looked awful. Any input on this would be great.

Micha

------------------
Power Clean Power Wash
Johnny & Micha Valdez

JR Wood

Every deck I have seen that used behr turned either black or splotchy.I spend most of the summer removing this stuff,some even a week old!! It is very hard to remove also.My suggestion when this situation arises is to inform the customer that you would be happy to apply anything they want but you will not guarantee this crap.I have been forced to apply CWF and behr when the customer has started to do there own deck and realized it wasn't as easy as Dean Johnson says it is.And they insist on using the same sealer because they already opened it and have a few spindles already done.Probably being cheap has something to do with it also!I would suggest you hook up with a paint store or lumber yard and use the good stuff.
Wolman,Superdeck,Cabot,Olympic maximum, Cuprinol and Moorwood to name a few.You should be able to get a contractor discount.
TO PROVE MY POINT PLEASE SEE JIM BILYEU'S POST BELOW ENTITLED NEXT JOB
------------------

[This message has been edited by JR Wood (edited September 19, 2000).]

Our Sponsors