Bleached(white) on deck along with marks

wolfpacker

Cleaned a very dirty deck using a cleaner(Woodbrite by Osmose)that the customer insisted that I use. Previously the deck was cleaned someone who used chloroze. After about an hour some of the wood showed bleached areas, and after entirely dry it shows brightened along with these bleached areas.
If I use Wolmans cleaner/brightener will this remove the bleach stains? Also I left some cleaning marks and could some suggestions about how to correct this also. Thanks

------------------

C

Craig/PowerWashUnlimited

Wolfpacker,

If your not going to stain the deck, there is no way of blending the two cleaning methods together. If you bleach the deck again, the whiter/brighter spots will get whiter along with the rest of the decks and you will have the same scenario. Before doing anything i would rewet the deck, apply oxalic acid to try to bring out the natural color of the wood even further. Then i would suggest a natural stain application to the customer, this will also help in covering up the start/stop marks on the deck that you made while cleaning.
Hope this helps,
Craig

------------------
Craig Knight
Power Wash Unlimited
www.powerwashunlimited.com

Jim Bilyeu

Wolfpacker, Here is what I would do. Apply a light solution of Sodium Hydroxcide to raise the PH of the wood, power wash it off paying special attention to the areas where the burn marks are. Most of the time you can remove 90% of burn marks by doing this. After you have it washed, apply your oxalic acid to brighten the wood up evenly. Hope this helps.

Jim Bilyeu
Exterior Woodcare

------------------

Our Sponsors