Is Super Deck DB 1901any good?

ALL-BRITE

I have a potential customer who used the 1901 super deck in april 2000. He applied 1 coat to a cedar deck.
It has alot of mold and mildew on it and some of the sealer is already coming off. He asked me what to do .
I told him that he needs to either clean and reseal or strip and apply another sealer. If super deck is a good product we will clean it and he will reseal it.
If not we will clean it and he will touch up some bad areas with left over sealer to get him by till next spring when he can do it right. So what should I tell him? Thanks Tim. Going to charge $275 to clean 600sqft/ rails is that good ? Thanks Tim

------------------
Tim Highfield
ALL-BRITE POWERWASHING

JR Wood

Superdeck is a good product.It sounds to me like the deck wasn't properly prepared.Superdeck has mildew inhibitors in it so the mildew could have already been present or the deck wasn't cleaned right and the coating failed.I used the heart redwood on a fence 4 years ago and it still looks great!I have 6 gallons Of the DB 1901 sitting in my garage.You should probably strip it all off.after all the coating is only going to be as good as the coating under it.And it sounds like problems waiting to happen.

------------------

ALL-BRITE

JR have you ever heard of a product called Seasonite?
This guy put this on for about 6months before he sealed his deck. The neighbor next to him had it on his deck also. It had a grey tint to it. It almost looked weathered. Must be some product to help open the pores? Wasted their money it think.
Do you normally apply 2 coats of Super Coat?
Any way talk to you later.
This guy has not called me back he will probably end up doing it himself. Later Tim

------------------
Tim Highfield
ALL-BRITE POWERWASHING

JR Wood

I have heard of seasonite but I am not sure what it's supposed to do.As for superdeck,It is supposed to be a 1 coat system.So if you do use 2 coats it will probably get progressively darker.I would look on the can,you don't want another coating failure.And make sure you strip it good.

------------------

Our Sponsors