Behr: Makes me go hmmm

Russ in Chicago

I just finished a job recently where the customer had applied Behr Semi transparent. Soon after the application black splotches appeared on an 8x8 area of the floor. Behr agreed to pay for me to strip and refinish the deck with F&P. Did they do this because they're concerned for the customers best interest or do they know something about their product that we do not? I can see them paying for the cost of materials, but hundreds of dollars for me to strip/refinish? No questions asked...Seems too fishy for big business to be so kind...Hmmmm

------------------

Greg Rentschler

There is a recall on one of their deck sealants. The problem was exactly as you stated. Premature failure of the finish.... it was causing entire houses to turn black up in Washington I guess. Although, I haven't ran accross too many jobs like that as of yet. Last I heard the problem was on the West Coast. I will dig up the product name and post it. It could pose a excellent opportunity for us in the restoration market. I recieve alot of calls from the Chicago land area when the season is in.... email me your phone number and I will pass them your way. I don't service Chicago for wood restoration.

Take Care,

Greg

------------------
Greg Rentschler
GCR PowerClean
gcrpwerclean.com

ALL-BRITE

Yes I guess that Behr lost a law suit envolving their product. Greg please email me the name of their product. Russ was the sealer hard to remove?
What did you use? And who did you contact to find out that behr would pay you to remove their sealer.
Also how was the Wolmans F/P to work with?
Thanks Tim

------------------
Tim Highfield
ALL-BRITE POWERWASHING

Jim Bilyeu

Hey Guys, be carefull with this one. Behr lost a $100,000,000 plus class action suit in the State of Washington. They have appealed it but it is costing them 1% per month for every month they're appealing. What they are doing is giving these jobs to contractors hoping to get rid of their liabilies and to keep the heat off their backs. The pictures I have posted is one of many jobs that I have gotten out of this law suit. Behr is not an easy product to remove. If you don't get 100% off, the mildew can come back. The mildew is growing in the product, that is why it is turning dark and black. The stripper I am using on this big project cost $42.00 per gallon. I'm going to have close to 400 gallons of just stripper tied up on this big project. It's the only stripper I've found that will pull this crap off in one washing ( 11 coats ) Again, be careful and be wise. How does that saying go "If it sounds to good ?????

Jim Bilyeu
Exterior Woodcare

------------------

Our Sponsors