Burned my own deck

countryboync

Hello everone I did something kinda dum this summer I lite the gas grill that sets on my deck ya see the igniter does not work anymore so I used a long match I layed it down after I fired up the grill right on the side rack of the grill had forget that I had set a small box on the deck right under the side rack of the grill. The cherry on the match must have fell in the box. To make along story short I had to put it out with a water hose. I have pressure washed the deck and belive it or not its not that bad almost gives the deck charactor. but I would like to strip the old paint off and reseal with colored sealer What would be the best stuff to use? catch ya later.

------------------

countryboync

I guess I am the only one dum enough to burn my own deck or know one on this board has the guts to respond on this. Reply people!!!

------------------

Jim Bilyeu

Hello Country Boy, Dont feel bad about scaring your deck. It could have been a lot worst. About 8 years ago, we were suppose to strip down a deck on a Friday morning. My client call and asked if we could wait till Sat. morning to start the job. It seemes that his family wanted to have a get together Friday night and have a Bar-B-Q. When we arrived at the home Sat. morning, smoke was bellowing up and over the roof.The whole back of the house including the deck was on fire. My clients were still asleep in the house. We got them out and call the fire dept. Cause of the fire, hot grease dripping off the Bar-B-Q on to the dcedar deck. Every sence that day, everytime I see a Bar-B-Q sitting on a deck, I recomend putting the Bar-B-Q on a fire board. People don't realise how dry cedar can get. A lot of homes are lost every year for this same reasom.

Jim Bilyeu
Exterior Woodcare

------------------

countryboync

That is the best thing I have herd In a long time that ya saved the familys lives. I could not imagine arriveing on a job and it being on fire. At least if it did happen I do carry 300 gallons of water to help extinguish the fire and most importantly save the famils lives. Your a true American and deserve a medal of honer. Thank you for being so brave. Your A number one contrator who does not just think of his self but of the people who need help. I think highly of you as well as everyone else should on this board And reply about it. catch ya later.

------------------

Mike Hughes

That's a great story, Jim......and great advice. Talk about being in the right place at the right time!

Water tanks can come in handy.......last summer during the drought we had here, a house 5 doors up from where I was washing a deck had their back yard catch on fire (grass) right next to the house and the deck. I was able to put the fire out with my p/w two minutes before the fire company arrived. Pretty cool.

------------------
Mike Hughes
Everclear
Souderton, PA

Douglas Hicks

Here is a solution to those pesky grease stains on the deck. This will take care of the grease, deck, house and the grass. Remember, these are trained professionals.
Douglas Hicks
General Fire Equipment Co of Eastern Oregon, Inc

------------------

Douglas Hicks

Here is a solution to those pesky grease stains on the deck. This will take care of the grease, deck, house and the grass. Remember, these are trained professionals. ghg.ecn.perdue.edu
Douglas Hicks
General Fire Equipment Co of Eastern Oregon, Inc

------------------

Our Sponsors