NWRA

Hit the Deck

Hey guys, hope your all keeping warm! I need to know if it would be worth my while to join NWRA (National Wood Restoration Association). I'll be starting out next spring doing decks. I was wondering if it would be worth my while to join. If you have any suggestions, it would be a great help. What would be a good organization to get in to, if any? Thanks for the advise in advance...............Cliff

------------------
If you stop to think to think and stop, you'd stop and think to think and stop.

Mike Hughes

Cliff,

I think I heard of them about a year ago, and heard nothing since..........not sure if I'm thinking of the same organization. I would have to say that it would not be worth your while, unless membership if free. Do they have a website? I'm curious if it's the same group I am thinking of.......if it is, it was started by a contract cleaner, and half of the membership at the time worked for his company!

As far as organizations go, the PWNA is it. www.pwna.org I have had nothing but positive experiences with them, their seminars, and the people I have met there. They also have a wood certification program. Your next chance to be certified will be in February in Orlando, Florida.

Another good idea would be to join your local chamber of commerce. Of all of the guys that do pressure washing in my area, none of them belong to the chamber.......I'm the only one. Costs about $100 per year.

------------------
Mike Hughes
Everclear
Souderton, PA

JR Wood

Yes Mike is right,If this is the same guy,he was constantly trying to recruit people last year and finally I and a lot of other people got sick of it.He just appeared out of nowhere at first asking regular quetions that pretty much newbies ask and a couple of weeks later he started the NWRA I thought this kind of odd that a guy who was asking basic questions one day and was proporting to be an expert a couple of weeks later teed me off.When I called him on this and asked him what his credentials were, he replied "I am a Wolman certified contractor" in which my reply was "whoop dee doo!"...well that's what I think of it.

------------------

Our Sponsors