Looking for opinions on deck cleaning

Mike Hughes

I have several deck jobs lined up, just waiting for the weather to turn warm. My question is, in your opinion, what is the maximum amount of time that can elapse between the time you clean it, and the time you seal it.

What I'd like to do is wash them in the last two weeks of March, then seal them in April when the weather is finally warm enough. Trying to get a jumpstart on the year. How long do you think I can get away with?

Mike Hughes
Everclear
Souderton, PA

JR Wood

The longest I have gone is 2 weeks,and the deck did have a "hint" of dirt and UV degradation,it dissappeared after I put a sealer on it.This was last year when it seemed to rain every third day,and they say that it will do the same thing this year.I plan on doing the same thing as you.I am going out at the end of next week and hope for the best.It seems like you have a few lined up and everything is not so urgent,then all of a sudden all hell breaks loose and you are instantly behind.

------------------
<FONT size="1"><FONT COLOR="Black">J.R WOOD POWER WASHING*1-800-782-9919
ABACUS DECK CARE*1-866-7-ABACUS
J&B SNOW PLOW*1-973-328-6650
SHOWCASE LAWNS OF NEW JERSEY*1-866-SHOCASE</FONT s>
</FONT c>

<FONT size="2"><FONT COLOR="red">
DID SOMEONE SAY DIVERSIFY?</FONT s>
</FONT c>

Mike Hughes

then all of a sudden all hell breaks loose and you are instantly behind.

[/B]

Exactly what I want to avoid.......I don't want to spend the first few good warm days washing decks.......i need to have them done already so I can take advantage of the weather and do some sealing.

------------------
Mike Hughes
Everclear
Souderton, PA

rvagnoni

Mike,

I have also been behing as long as two weeks maybe even a little longer after cleaning. Never had a problem whatsoever. Just seal it and move on to the next deck.

------------------
Rick - Deck Care Plus
Find a purpose in life so big it will challenge every capacity to be at your best.
--David O. McKay

Our Sponsors