mounting equip. on trailers

RRowe11404

I have finaly got a trailer to mount my equip. On its a 5 by 12 tanduem axle. IHave a 300gal tank a kohler cold unit ladder hoses brushes buckets etc. I would like some pointers on the most cost efficent way to mount this equip. down. So i can scrub scrub some big dump trucks.

Russ in Chicago

Sounds like a personal preference question. How do YOU want it arranged. What's the best way for you. My trailer has my hot water machine in front, 500 gal. tank in middle, just over and in front of the axles, and my live hose reel off the back. The only thing to worry about is where is your weight going to be and how do you prefer to arrange it. Pick a spot, bolt it down, and get to work!

L

LightningClean

The best advise that I can give you is to mount the washer and the tank as close to the center as possible. I have my water tank a little more in the front than in the back mostly because of where I have my washers. Most all other things are what are more assesable to you.

Rob

M

Mike@Everclear

My trailer is 8 x 16.... I have a 325 gallon tank mounted just in front of the front axle. Behind that is two RK-24's mounted side by side. Off the back is three hose reels. The front is reserved for chemicals, tools, trash
smile.gif
, etc.

On your trailer, the water tank is going to be the heaviest thing. Water weighs about 8.3 pounds per gallon. That needs to be as close to the axles as possible. The placement of everything else is up to you. Just make sure you don't end up with too much tounge weight. I believe I heard someone say it should be 10% of the weight on the tounge. Remember to base your calculations on having a full tank of water.

Good luck

------------------
Mike Hughes
Everclear
Souderton, PA

Wash Wagon

To make sure that you have your trailer weight balanced to pull comfortably, you may want to fill your water tank up and test the weight to make sure it is where it needs to be before bolting it down to where you "think" it will work.

------------------
John May

Our Sponsors