Making a brochure?????

Kevin

I'm interested to know how to get a brochure made to send to a customer and what it is supposed to consist of. I would like to send something to customers that show interest in my service. Can any of you guys tell me this info such as paper type,tri-fold type brochure, attach business card or not, cost, who makes them?

Robert Kravitz

Flyers and Brochures

Flyers and brochures are excellent ways to promote your business. Often when you first meet with a client, it’s important to be able to leave something with them other than just your card. A flyer or a brochure does the job.

Recently I interviewed former clients in what they look for when hiring a janitorial service. I was surprised how many said they DID keep the brochure. The brochure or flyer becomes the future “bidder’s listâ€￾ when the client decides to go out for bid.

The more professionally done the flyer or brochure the better. Remember, when marketing, we are being judged and evaluated by the way we present ourselves and the way our materials look. If you can have them done professionally, all the better.

I’ve found a couple of things that can give a flyer a little more impact. One is a personal note written in the flyer describing what your goals and mission are with your business. Be sure and have a signature printed below.

A second “attention getterâ€￾ is including comments from happy customers. Nothing speaks better for us than a happy customer.
If you have a web site, make reference to the site especially if it includes other testimonials from customers, a contact page or information on how you run your business and keep your clients happy.

Robert Kravitz, rjk@alturasolutions.com
Altura Solutions

Dan Flynn

PWN Founder
Nice reply Bob,

Kevin it's sounds like you know what to do. You seem to have a lot of good ideas. But unsure how to put them to good use.

You should always try to be as professional as you can. But at the same time, you should approach your marketing and advertising at a pace you can afford.

Building as you grow. remember to always give your customers 110%, and they will reward you for it.

There is nothing more rewarding than having a customer of yours, pass your name along with a nice recommendation.

Some businesses feel that this is free advertising, I don't. I feel it is a reward of appreciation and acknowledge of my hard work and dedication to my customers.

It brings me more business and makes me feel good. And you know what. It makes your customer feel good too.

Dan Flynn

Brett Bennett

Great Post Dan.
We have a referral system in place for our carpet and window clients. We pay them $10 for every new client that they send to us, and $20 for every fourth referal. Paying my client $10 to get a new client from them when my average job is $180 really makes alot of sense. I also recognize my clients who refer the most to me in my monthly newsletter as well as have a dinner for them once a quarter. Hope this helps. Have A great Day.
Brett

A

AranPressureWashing

WOW! You folks are on the ball!

I make my own and print them off on my computer!

This is a Hewlett Packard website that may be of use - http://www.inkjetmedia.hp.com/

------------------
Cleaning America - One Job At A Time!
I love My Boss! I Married Her!
E-MAIL: Randy Ferrantino at aran@bellsouth.net

S

Steve@STATELINE P/W

I also make my own brochures with the help of a couple of PRINT SHOP CD's. I think they turn out real nice. Print one off on the printer and zerox copies of it off and then go around town and hang them up and pass them out. Also made up some tri-fold brochures for spring time and added some clip art to it and stapeled a business card in it, and rode through neighborhoods and put them in mailboxes, which I think is illegel, but only if you get caught.

Steve

Stateline Pressure Washing

P Austin

FLYERS

I just replied with a post further up about business cards. I also produce my own flyers.

Try using some of the above examples for programs (computer) to design the flyers.

When it comes to printing out the flyers, if you choose to print some of your own, try using HP Broucher and flyer paper (it works excellent, and feels very professional. ( I am not a salesman for HP, but where I work as a Design Engineer, I have tried lots of media, and found the Flyer paper by hp to be the cheapest (about $10-$12 for 50 sheets) tHIS PAPER ALSO WORKS GREAT FOR PRINTING PICTURES OUT. Better than the photo paper they sell. Though I think the photo paper works great fo producing business cards (a few at a time).

Any questions, I would be glad to help I would also be willing to help with layout and logo design.

Take care, and good luck.

Paul Austin
KNP Wash It

Power Clean

paul,

isn't $10-$12 for 50 flyers for a mail box a little expensive?? i can maybe see using that paper for a small personal mailout in a envelop, but that would be expensive.

i too am a very firm believer in quality and that you get out what what puit into it, but i wouldn't pay that. my scale of economy hasn't reached that point. lol

kevin, if you decide to go this route, let us all know.

P Austin

Roy,

Yes, I do think that $10-$12 per 50 flyers is expensive; however, if a person is just starting out as it apears Keven was, this way may be the ideal way to go. A person is not committed to 200, 500 or 1000 flyers. I did some research on the cost of flyers for my "day job" , and here were the results.

200 full page color flyers cost about $300

I beleave 1000 was around $500 or $600.

These numbers were based on multiple colors on the flyers, and some grafics/pictures. Black and white would be much cheaper.

I hope this cleared up the confusion. I didn't mean that a person should produce the flyers at that cost all of the time, rather use the tools available until you make a concreet decision of what flyer or advertisment media works best prior to jumping into a large investment that may or may not pan out as expected. Many people have said on the BB that flyers do not always work in there area, and that a person should try several methods of advertisment.

Take care, good luck, and thank you for the constructive responce.

Paul Austin
KNP Wash It

Beth

Hi all,

First off, I will apologize up front if I am off the mark, or if this is redundant. I wanted to make sure to reply, and am having trouble finding time...

If you want to create your own flyers, business cards, trifold brochures, thank you cards, etc., then I suggest picking up a copy of MS Publisher 2000 (or whatever is most current). It is easy to use, and will allow you to create professional looking documents. It provides you with a variety of templates, and gives you examples of the type of information to place inthe text boxes. This is nice if you aren't sure where to begin.

You can print them yourself, or take them to a printer. The more you do with color the more expensive it will become. For flyers, I would suggest black ink and a bright color for the paper. Most homeowners (assumption that they are your target) are used to finding flyers like this.

If you are aiming for a commercial market, you might consider post cards, or other direct mail options.

I hope this is helpful.

Beth

;)

Shawn George

Hello,

I also use MS publisher for flyer and announcement layouts. A bonus for using your computer is that I can print one off, forget about it for a few days, and then review the work. I pass them out to friends and family for some constructive criticism.

If you are like me, some things that you think are pure marketing genious one day, look like pure crap few days later. Others reading and commenting on your work will give you the "customer's perspective". Sometimes what is completely understandable to you will totally confuse your customer. (*not a good thing)

Once you get something that you and your "critics" are satisfied with, you can confidently spend your money on printed brochures.

Just my 2 cents,
Good luck,

Shawn

Our Sponsors