Credit card acceptance+++ interac

Washaroo

Lots of talk about taking Credit Card payments... Here in the Great White North, the big and I mean BIG jump was to the acceptance of Banking cards.... Most middle class folks up here do a great number of purchases via bank card. Restaurants, take-outs, grocery stores, service stations, utility payments.... Basically everywhere......... If they take credit cards they take bank cards... Percentage charges to the retailer are similar.
The simplicity is that rather than go to the bank and withdraw the money, you simply swipe and key in you code. The money comes right out of your account and into the merchants account.
I was really surprised to see how it hasn't yet caught on in the USA. But I'm sure it is coming....

Blake

"Remember keep your stick on the ICE....."

------------------
Blake Keirstead
Washaroo Clean Services
Service South Eastern New Brunswick.....

Tunatussle

With check cards you need a way for the customer to
enter their PIN as well as for you swipe the card
electronically. This requires a hard phone line and
electronic equipment. If you are at a job site you
may not have access to the above. Another thing to
remember about credit cards are chargebacks. The
customer always right to the issuing card company
and all they have to do is say that they are not satisfied and you are charged back for the sale. As your banking officer how it works. If you do take
credit cards always get a hard copy embossment of the
card to prove that the card was actually presented for the sale. Most processors neglect to give you the real
story about credit cards so ask WHAT IF's.

------------------

AranServices

As far as being hard wired into a phone line - there can be an exception to the rule (sort of)!
A few years back I had a Motorola phone that would handle a sort of cell phone modem which could be directly plugged into a Zon Jr.XL credit card system.

...besides that as a merchant, you get a toll free # to call for a credit card authorization number to conclude your sale with an ol' knuckle buster (manual card swiping machine). When you get to your terminal you can enter the info and do an immediate batch dump. You can have your money in the bank usually with in 24 to 48 hours.

------------------
Cleaning America - One Job At A Time!

E-MAIL: aran@bellsouth.net
Our URL: http://easypath.to/pressurewashing

Our Sponsors