Home Shows

Craig Lawrence

Just curious as to how many of you participate at home shows, how were your results, and what do you do to make it successful.

I will be doing my third one this March.
I have a free drawing for a deck wash and seal and get about 150 people to enter. These people are all qualified leads. They would not enter if they did not have a deck or know someone who dose that needs your service. After the show we call the winner and follow up with everybody else. This has worked well, and often leads into additional work. Looking for other ideas as well. Thanks all.

Craig Lawrence

------------------

Bret Trussell

Craig
I'm new so no I have'nt done any shows but great idea
Bret

------------------
Don't let your bussiness own you!You own your bussiness.And don't lose focus of your family or God above..

charlie

When I do a home show I don't anymore give a free clean and seal. What I do is give everyone 10% to 20% off my work. That way everyone is a winner.

Charlie

------------------

Mike Hughes

Probably cheaper to do the free job! I can count on one hand how many discounts I have ever given, out of 1200 invoices I have done since I started my business. I'm not a big believer in coupons and discounts......I get enough work at full price, I don't need to work for less. The people that are out money shopping are not the type of customer I want to deal with.

My 2 cents.

------------------
Mike Hughes
Everclear
Souderton, PA

rvagnoni

Well said...Mike!

------------------
Rick - Deck Care Plus
If people knew how hard I had to work to gain my mastery, it wouldn't seem wonderful at all. -- Michelangelo

charlie

I guess I have to defend my self on this subject. I use to give away a free deck and seal and found that people only register to win something and have no intention on buying our service. By giving a show special people understand that they are signing up for a deck restoration inspection and price quote from me. Works well and gets my spring filled up quick. Been in the industry for 7 years. My 2 Cents.

------------------

Our Sponsors