Cold calling "success?"

Tim

I just tonight started the "cold-calling" advertising. Got names and phone numbers and started calling. Here's a few lessons learned real quick:
  • Newbie Lesson #1 --- ALWAYS have thoughts in order or written down before calling.
  • Newbie lesson #2 -- 3 C's: Conident, Curteous, Concise (get to point!)
  • Newbie lesson #3 -- Don't use generalized statements. Use open-ended questions to get feedback (not yes/no!)
Just my $.02 worth.............learned ALL this before I was thru 3 phone calls. I think I learn better from the School of Hard Knocks. At least a great learning tool.
Now what does everyone think.........made 25 phone calls.........no customers, but I'm sending biz cards flyers out to 6 initial contacts. Is this good "return"? What kind of info do you say / give out when cold-calling? Any absolute winning lines to close the sale?

Thanks for all the help.
Tim

------------------
Tim Srader
X-Stream Kleen

Ron Musgraves

Administrator
Staff member
Your very assertive only after three calls you established that. Great, now you’re over the hurdle of cold calling (telemarketing). Very tough thing but you need to stick with it. Other days will be harder than some. You will have spells of nothing and then things will start coming in, don’t expect major results right from the get go. Everyone you call should receive something from you by mail also.

You want a punch line and a closing line. Well you’ll find one just think about it. I can offer this advice set a goal of calls you going to make everyday and do it come rain of shine. Consistency is the best thing you can do.

------------------
Ron Marshal Phoenix AZ
1-888-fleetwash

Ron Musgraves

Administrator
Staff member
Your very assertive only after three calls you established that. Great, now you’re over the hurdle of cold calling (telemarketing). Very tough thing but you need to stick with it. Other days will be harder than some. You will have spells of nothing and then things will start coming in, don’t expect major results right from the get go. Everyone you call should receive something from you by mail also.

You want a punch line and a closing line. Well you’ll find one just think about it. I can offer this advice set a goal of calls you going to make everyday and do it come rain of shine. Consistency is the best thing you can do.

------------------
Ron Marshal Phoenix AZ
1-888-fleetwash

This is a step back in time for me

Our Sponsors