Credit Cards

Blown Away

New to the board and find the knowledge here outstanding. My question is this, thinking about taking credit cards as payment. Any one have any pros or cons regarding this and who can I contact to become a merchant. Thank you in advance.

------------------

Bridget

The benefits you might want to consider:

If you do residential work your homeowners will appreciate this method of payment.

We have fleet accounts that pay by Visa. These customers pay within 2 weeks of receiving the invoice....Cha Ching!!!

The draw back for some may be the cost of procesing. Shop around. We pay on average 2.7%. The percentages sometimes vary based on your monthly activity.

In bidding jobs that will pay by credit card we take into consideration the fee and add it into our proposal.

Your local banks can give you information on credit card processing. I believe I also saw something through the PWNA as well.

Welcome to the Board!!!
boldblue.gif

------------------
Bridget
United Mobile Power Wash
Our Power Is In Our
Performance
WWW.WeWashTrucks.com

Walt Graner

We take Visa / Master Card but don't use it much, we got ours because the State likes to use Master cards for PO's.

Here's a tid-bit for you. We got our credit card machine from a used office furniture place for about
$ 35.00. Called my banker gave him the brand name and ser # of unit (always call to make sire it works)and they said they could use it no problem. We plugged it in bank folks called it up and programmed it over the phone, and the fee's from my bank are quite reasonable. There are a "bunch" of folks selling credit card machines & contracts all bad mouth old equipment and that's just a bunch of bull. The machine we have is a Verifone ZonJr Plus works great and is up-date-able, most are.

------------------
Walt Graner
"Off The Wall" Graffiti
3006 Bee Caves Rd, Suite B-160
Austin,TX 78746
Ph:(512) 328-7776
fax(512) 328-2399

Beth

You can make up the costs, in the cost of the job. We saw a dramatic increase in the number of jobs when we began taking plastic, and also in the dollars per job sold. We are in the DC area, and the bigger jobs go on credit cards at least 50% of the time.

I wish I had done it from year one!

Try:
http://www.frontlineprocessing.com

------------------
Beth Borrego
Http://www.seedirtrun.com

Our Sponsors