Hotwaterwizard -- HELP!!!!!!!!!

Mirage Cleaners

In the middle of washing a house today, I lost pressure and water and oil starting spurting out. Any idea what the problem could be?

I need to get back in action ASAP!!!!!!!

Thank you.

G

Glenn

I know this wasn't directed at me, but if you had oil and water with a pressure loss, I'll bet you blew up your pump. I'd order a new one and if yours can be repaired it will make a good spare.
Glenn

Ethan

Originally posted by Mirage Cleaners:
In the middle of washing a house today, I lost pressure and water and oil starting spurting out. Any idea what the problem could be?

I need to get back in action ASAP!!!!!!!

Thank you.

Oil seals are shot. Best bet is to get a new pump. Rebuild the old one for a spair if possible. Call if you need some help. 1-888-649-6449

H

hotwaterwisard

Sounds like you have a cracked ceramic plunger. You should first open up the back of the pump and see if the connecting rods are allright. Chances are they are okay. Pull the head off and check the ceramic plungers. Alot of times the oil seals will still be okay. Clean out the crank case and look for any metal shavings. Replace the packings and plunger. VERY IMPORTANT JUST SNUG UP THE PLUNGER! IF YOU OVER TIGHTEN IT YOU WILL CRACK IT. If you have a torque wrench it only takes 11 inch pounds. Fill the crank case with NONDETERGENT 30wt oil from the auto store. See if it holds oil. Look at the oil seals with a flashlight real close. If it leaks Carefully remove and replace them. Poke them only from the outside never scratch the metal guide. If you do it will never hold oil until you replace the guide. put some oil on the packings so they will slide on easy put the head back on and try it out. Most of the time you can do this without removing the hoses or unloader from the head. Good Luck.

------------------
Hotwaterwizard@aol.com John DeRosa

Our Sponsors