not sure

Barry Loy

Hey Wiz, I have a portable 3000psi / 4gpm - cold water - 11hp. Honda - general pump -
K-7 unloader North Star unit with pull cord, carry it on a trailer. Never had a minutes problem in the 4 years I have had it. Starts first or second pull, usually first, all the time. Very reliable. This past weekend, again put it on the trailer hauled it to the job site. On the way traveled across some very , very bumpy country roads. Got to the job site went to start my machine and couldn't even pull out the start cord to my machine. Just WOULD NOT come out of the engine. I was very worried ! After some very short 1/4 - pulls it finally released. Then it still would not start. Seemed like it might have been flooded. It finally, finally started.

Then after it cranked and ran for a while, 15 to 20 minutes maybe, the engine just seemed to die ... and right before it actually stoped the engine came back to full power. It repeated this several times.

I finally finished the job. I guess my questions are this...
#1- Did the bouncing around cause anything that would have locked up the machine ?
#2- Did the bouncing around cause the engine to flood itself ?
#3- What do you think caused the engine to seize and 'almost' die on me ?

Thanks for taking time to read this long post.
Barry Loy
a.k.a. "concerned in N.C."
confused.gif

H

hotwaterwisard

Fortuanately your problem is fairly simple. If you pull out the spark plug you will find oil on it. Either clean it or replace it. But first you have to get the excess oil out of the cylinder. Just pour a little gas in the sparkplug hole stand clear and make sure it is pointed away from everything. Make sure the switch is off and tug on the start roap a couple off times. CAUTION THE GAS WILL GET ALL OVER THE PLACE>>>>>>>>> Put the plug back in and it will run normal again. The reason this happened is the machine was turned a way it should not have been turned. You have to keep them pretty level.

------------------
Hotwaterwizard@aol.com John DeRosa

HI-Pressure

Wiz is correct about the oil in the cylinder but please make sure when you clean the cylinder out make sure the ignition switch is off and the plug wire is grounded. Makes one heck of a flame thrower if the fuel ignites from a spark. We prefer using shop air but most of the time its not available so we use B-12 chemtool and place a shop towel over the sparkplug hole to try and catch the spray.

Hope this helps.

Hi-Pressure Solutions
Daren Marshall

Our Sponsors