Opinion

HI-Pressure

Sure alot of the Kohler 20hp engines out there. We see a ton of them on commercial lawn care equipment and have had no major failures. One thing that Kohler seems to have alot of problems with is the ignition system. They use "Smart spark" and can be heck to diagnose. Also Kohler makes a cheap version: it cannot br bored oversize. Otherwise I have seen them see 3-5000 hrs before any major problems. I prefer the Vanguard twins over any other just because they are almost indestructible. When it comes to a single cylinder its Honda or Kawasaki, and Deutz diesels.

Just my simple minded opinion!

Daren Marshall
Hi-Pressure Solutions

H

hotwaterwisard

I see alot of these on hot water pressure washers. They are a good reliable engine. The biggest problem I have found is people do not pull the trigger when they start them and they burn out the starter. The other problem is people forget to turn their 12v burners off before they shut down the engine, then they don't shut it off before starting the engine, this causes a higher amp draw and burns out the voltage regulator on the engine. But that is not a problem with the engine. It is operator error
confused.gif

------------------
Hotwaterwizard@aol.com John DeRosa

Our Sponsors