High pressure hoses

whiplash

I have just replaced 800ft of high pressure hose,am using 3/8 4500psi hose. I have 1000,s of feet of old hose around shop I replaced these hoses approx 5 months ago.Does this seem about right for the lifespan of these hoses(we run at 3000psi).Does anyone know of a better hose? I buy this at our local farm store,its 3 wire SURE DOES GET EXPENSIVE I always buy in 50ft lengths

------------------

Mark McCurley

Call 1-800-346-4876. They have the best prices on hoses I have found. $43.95/50 Ft. 4500 psi Black or non-marking.

------------------
Mark McCurley
Atlantis Pressure Washing

Dave Olson

Wow, 5 months! Of course if you had this hose in the caves that you were talking about, maybe that is all the longer you can expect to get!! Had a supplier tell me the worst thing you can do to this hose is drag it around!

I would think that a 3 wire hose would be rated higher than 4500 psi. We use a 2 wire 5800 psi hose. Has a 4-1 burst rating.

Our hose failures usually occur at the fittings (blow them out). Very rare do we blow the hose itself. I have been told that the high temperatures that we run is what causes most of the failures in all of our equipment, not just hoses.

I would be looking for a new supplier if my hoses only lasted 5 months.

Dave Olson

------------------
Tidy Powerwash Service, Inc. P.O. Box 781, Catlin, Illinois 61817 Phone 217-427-5557, Fax 217-427-2632 We are a commercial cleaning contractor serving East-Central Illinois and West Central Indiana since 1984. http://www.tps-inc.com

Our Sponsors