burner won't work

P

pressurewashing

I am having problems with my burner. Elite 3000 psi machine. I have replaced the fuel filter all it is doing is smoking very very little but burner won't ignite. Please help.
Machine has less than 100 hours on it. It was serviced at 75 hours. The filter does have fuel in it.
confused.gif
icon8.gif

Dan Flynn

PWN Founder
This is a guess, and i'm guessing to see if I am right when Wiz answers.

Transformer on the burner.
bounce2.gif

------------------
Dan Flynn
Flynn Service Pro
www.powerwash.net
708/715-4206

H

hotwaterwisard

This works kind of like an engine. First you need fuel then spark then air.The most common cause is the pressure switch or the high voltage transformer . First check the fuel by taking the fuel line off of the burner gun. Run it and see if you have fuel when you pull the trigger. If you get fuel all over the place that's a good sign. The pressure switch is good if it goes on and off with the trigger. If it comes out real slow then you have a fuel problem.Open up the zirk fitting on the side of the fuel pump to let the air out of the system. Check all of the hose clamps to see if they are tight if not they can suck air in. Next check to see if you have spark from the transformer. Get a well insulated screwdriver and open up the burner so you have access to the transformer and run the screwdriver across the two metal connectors. (DANGER YOU ARE DEALING WITH 10,000 VOLTS BE VERY CAREFUL NOT TO TOUCH THE METAL PART OF THE SCREWDRIVER!) Don't let it run for more than 30 seconds this way.Pull the screwdriver across and see if you get an arc atleast half way across. If you get no spark the transformer is bad. If you do the you need to check the gap on the electrodes and see if they are atleast 1/8 to 1/4 inch apart. the next thing to check is the airflow. The first place to look is the output side of the coils where the fire comes out of the machine. See if the coils are sooted up. An excess of black soot will make the fire smother it's self before it can burn. If you have soot blow it out with air if you can. Stand back or you will get a face full of that stuff. If soot is not the problem you may need to simply adjust the air band on the side if the burner. If the thing still doesn't work let me know.

------------------
Hotwaterwizard@aol.com John DeRosa YOU HAVE QUESTIONS? I HAVE ANSWERS!

P

pressurewashing

Thanks for all ya'lls help. And yes Dan, you were right on target.
bounce2.gif
We do appreciate everyone's help. Finally got it working but I was not going to try to handle 10,000 volts, thanks for warning me about that Wizard. Got our guy to fix it yesterday for $112.00 just for the parts. At least now I can go make some money.
Thanks again everyone.
Wizard maybe you should make a book on all this stuff, with Dan's help and put it online for everyone to find especially on weekends when we can't get anyone to fix things.
wink.gif
look.gif

Thanks
Jim & Shirley

<FONT COLOR="#000080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by pressurewashing on June 27, 2000 ]</font>

Our Sponsors