Price question

sluggo

Hey WIZ, The other day in the voice chat room I asked what your idea of a good 13hp 3gpm Honda powered belt drive cold washer would be. You suggested a Mi-T-M I just got a price on that unit they say $2170 This is with the general pump as you suggested. Does this price seem a little high.If so I'll shop around. IF not do you have any other recommendations.
icon17.gif

H

hotwaterwisard

4gpm 3000psi is minimum for surface cleaning. The price is normal for a belt drive. You can find a better deal on line.

------------------
Hotwaterwizard@aol.com John DeRosa If you have a Machine Problem, I'm here to help.

Scott Stone

Home depot has a similar Landa unit that is $1795. 13 horse Honda and General Pump, 4 at 3500 PSI. Since it is a Landa you can take it to your Landa distributor to have it repaired, and they will honor the Warranty because Landa reimburses the dealers for all warranty repairs. Most manufacturers expect the dealer to warranty the machine.

------------------
Any statement that I make about equipment, processes or your hair color is my own personal opinion. I usually base it on personal experience. If you disagree with me you are free to reply on both the BBS and by e-mail. If I am totally off base please explain why on the BBS so that we may all know why;)
Bus. Phone 480-834-3434
Cell Phone 602-509-9741

sluggo

Ok i believe i need to fill in a few details. The machine would almost exclusively be used for wood projects. I will add a hotbox later.I already have a direct drive machine,hose reel, accessories,trailer guns etc.looking for a belt drive 13hp honda, general pump,giant uploader, water filter,pressure relief,the machine should be around 3gpm and 3000 psi. I know most 13 hp machines are higher gpm and psi so i will consider those as well. Im looking for the least expensive machine that will be reliable.This is a equipment upgrade but im still not in full opperation Ive only done about 10 jobs and money hasnt come easy. Thank you for your previous help and any info you may have to offer in the future.

Dan Flynn

PWN Founder
Sluggo,

If you're just doing wood, you don't need that much pressure if you are using the right chemicals. You should consider a machine with the most GPM you can afford.

------------------
Dan Flynn
Flynn Service Pro
www.powerwash.net
708/715-4206

sluggo

Ideally I'd like a 5gpm 3000psi machine BUT most water supplies in my area run at best in the 60psi range. I hate the idea of a hauling a water tank with my half ton truck.Until I can upgrade my truck i was going with a 3gpm machine. I dont have a formula other then filling a 1 gallon jug and timing it to see if the water supply is suffiecient.So i believe a 3 gpm machine would be safe most of the time. In regards to psi I usually start with about 300 psi and work my way up until the wood just starts to fur then back it off a bit.I have read that up to 3000 is required in some cases but have never had to go above 1200 psi myself.I have heard that running your pump at lower psi reduces wear but I am not sure on this. With the water supply that i have available and the fact that i MAY need to go as high as 3000 psi I decided on the 3gpm 3000 psi type belt machine.If you have any insight that might help me from making a mistake on my purchase PLEASE let me know. Im just learning so your advice and that of others in the field is greatly welcome. Thanks again for your help.
icon17.gif

Ramon

One easy fix to your water supply problem would be to add a small water tank with a float valve on it. A 30 or 55 gallon drum with a bulk head fitting and float valve would cost less than a hundred bucks. It would help in the situations you mentioned.

Ramon

Our Sponsors