Loss of pump pressure

JR Wood

Today after using chemical injector(downstream)I went to rinse down the house and the pump seemed to be stuck in bypass...or the engine pulsed like it always does in bypass or when I'm using low pressure.anyways I noticed that the pump wasn't putting out the right pressure and I could feel the vibration in the gun like when there is air in the water hose or there is not enough water goimg into the pump.I checked the inlet for clogs and there was plenty of water coming in, it went back up to 75% pressure but I can still feel a vibration in the gun.Just wondering if I cracked a plunger or something is there anything else I should check before I bring it in to the shop?

H

hotwaterwisard

The first thing to check is the injector. See if it has something in the ball or in the inside of it. Then check the inlet water screen for cloggs. Then check all of the clamps to see if they are tight, one of the hoses could be sucking air. Then check the valves to see if something is stuck in one of them. Make sure you also check the O-rings for them while you are in there. If that doesn't fix it let me know and I'll tell you more.

------------------
Hotwaterwizard@aol.com John DeRosa If you have a Machine Problem, I'm here to help.

JR Wood

I opened up the pump and found the following.1 damaged O ring and a cracked valve(i am assuming it's a valve it is a cat pump and it is the little silver thing at the end,with a spring behind it and a plastic housing.)Where can I get a replacement for these things and what am I asking for.

H

hotwaterwisard

Originally posted by JR Wood:
I opened up the pump and found the following.1 damaged O ring and a cracked valve(i am assuming it's a valve it is a cat pump and it is the little silver thing at the end,with a spring behind it and a plastic housing.)Where can I get a replacement for these things and what am I asking for.
That is the right word to call it. It is a valve. you have to buy them 3 at a time about $88 the o-ring comes with it. The plunger will cost about $120. You can get them at your local pressurewasher service center.

------------------
Hotwaterwizard@aol.com John DeRosa If you have a Machine Problem, I'm here to help.

JR Wood

Just wondering if you can give me the correct name for the valve, is it a discharge valve?Also I was assuming that the two gasket like rings on the center piece of the pump assembly are the O rings.As you can guess I am not too knowledable of pump assembly.Everytime I had a problem in the past I would bring it right in to a service center.But it is time I start learning how to deal with this stuff myself because I am way too busy to be bringing in my machines and waiting forever to get them back.The reason why I brought up the O rings is you had mentioned a plunger.I don't think I need a new plunger...Do I? The only damaged part I saw was that end valve and the seal.(O ring?)

H

hotwaterwisard

Originally posted by JR Wood:
Just wondering if you can give me the correct name for the valve, is it a discharge valve?Also I was assuming that the two gasket like rings on the center piece of the pump assembly are the O rings.As you can guess I am not too knowledable of pump assembly.Everytime I had a problem in the past I would bring it right in to a service center.But it is time I start learning how to deal with this stuff myself because I am way too busy to be bringing in my machines and waiting forever to get them back.The reason why I brought up the O rings is you had mentioned a plunger.I don't think I need a new plunger...Do I? The only damaged part I saw was that end valve and the seal.(O ring?)
Just wondering if you got my 10 page E-mail with service manual and parts break down. Probobly took you 45 min to download.

Our Sponsors