burner smoking only at the end of the night!

Bryan

Hey John,

Our burner starts smoking and loading up at the end of the night. Could that be a weak fuel pump. It seems to work fine for the first 4 hours or so. I figured maybe as the fuel in the diesel tank lowers it maybe harder for the pump to pull fuel up. PLease give me your comments and also, give me a call. You know my number.
Thanks Bryan

H

hotwaterwisard

Sounds like you have soot built up in your coils. Just blow them out with an air compressor. Or your air adjustment is off a little. Try adjusting the air band so the fuel will burn off more efficently.
------------------
Hotwaterwizard@aol.com John DeRosa If you have a Machine Problem, I'm here to help.

Dan Flynn

PWN Founder
I have the same problem. It started after I had the transformer replaced. I know the guy blew out the coil area. Were is the air band. I can try that also.
smash.gif

------------------
Dan Flynn
Flynn Service Pro
www.powerwash.net
708/715-4206

H

hotwaterwisard

Originally posted by Dan Flynn:
I have the same problem. It started after I had the transformer replaced. I know the guy blew out the coil area. Were is the air band. I can try that also.
smash.gif

Dan, Bryan came by the shop and I found the problem with his machine. The electrodes had too big of a gap. They were way out of adjustment. I also changed his fuel nozzle. Here is why it would only show up at the end of the night. As the machine ran the transformer will heat up from the electrons flowing thru constantly. This causes the voltage to drop. If the gap is too wide, it will stop the high voltage ark. Then the diesel won't ignight completly. Sometimes it won't fire at all.

Our Sponsors