paint removal

John Thomas

Hello everyone! I just did my first job for the start of my second season.This is early for us up here in Ontario,we are usually just starting to get the snow melting,but this year spring has come early.Well enough of that.My job was to remove latex paint off an asphalt parking lot.I only have a cold water unit 2200 psi right now and I am looking into buying a hot water unit (hopefully)the problem was this a truck backed into a skid of latex house paint approx 40 gals spilled onto an area of one parking spot and splattered hit a sidewalk and onto the brick building.It was an interesting job had to cleand it all up and also the truck tires.I used only cold water no cleaners the job took approx 3 hrs form the time I was called to the time I got home.I had fun doing it.This job is going to go through the insurance comp.The property owner told me to submit my bill.Now this is my first insurance job would I charge my normal hourly rate?or do I tack some one if so at what rate? This occurred approx 3:00 PM in the afternoon.Also would this job go faster if I had hot water?and should I have used anytype of cleaners?The way I did it turned out great.everyone was happy.I was glad it was latex because I would have no idea how to clean it if it was oil paint.I hope this is a good sign of a good season. Bye for now

------------------

M

Mike@Everclear

John,

I wouldn't charge them much more strictly because it is an insurance job, but.....the fact that you were out there at a moments notice should be worth something. If anything, is was a positive experience for that customer......I'm sure you will get repeat business from them and/or referrals.

I suppose hot water would have helped, but you dont want to beat on asphalt too much, could damage the surface.

------------------
Mike Hughes
Everclear
Souderton, PA

John Thomas

Owner of the property checked with the ministry of ******ment and asked how to dispose of the paint and they said it was ok to wash it into the sewer as long as it was latex paint.I went back the next day and had a look at the job and it turned out good

John

Scott Stone

Charge your normal hourly rate and make sure that on your bill it has your payment terms. I.E. net 15, 1.5% monthly interest on late payments.
Insurance can sometimes be bad about slow pays.

------------------
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Just a guy driving around trying to make a living washing trucks, Wouldn't know a deck if it bit me in the hind quarters,

Bus. Phone 480-834-3434
Cell Phone 602-509-9741

Our Sponsors