transitioning into hot water...have a question

Scootermannn

Hello! We've decided that we are going to aggressively attack the vent-a-hood market as our primary service offering for our business.

We have just ordered a hot water burner from that Ft Worth Texas pressure washer dealer to connect to our Landa commercial cold water unit.

We were wondering how our pump on our cold water unit will handle hot water. How will we be able to run our heater without burning up the pump if it sits for a few minutes without spraying..?? How do contractors do this..?? How do they run up a 30' ladder to the roof and get to shooting before they burn up the pump..??

We will be utilizing water straight from the restaurants water spigot. Do we need any special plumbing additions other than just a hot water burner to connect..?? Please advise if you can as we are unsure and want to correctly use our new equipment.

Thanks much! Brian n' Sally
spin.gif

------------------
brian donaldson

H

Hotwaterwizard

Can you send me a link or a picture or a model# so I can see what you got? Then I can tell you more.

------------------
Hotwaterwizard@aol.com If You have a problem with your machine, just ask me for help. Check out the Machine Problem Board

D

David l Saulque

You should climb the 30 ft ladder-open the fan-your chemicals up and going- access door and so on THEN fire up the unit.

David

------------------

H

Hotwaterwizard

Water heaters don't work the way you think they do. Most of them work as an attatchment does. You take the output of your cold water machine and run it thru a short hose to the heater. The water is heated up after it goes thru your pump. Then you attach your long hose, with the gun and wand on it, to the output of the heater. And ABRA-CADABRA you have a hot water pressure washer.
beer.gif

smileysex5.gif

fart.gif

------------------
Hotwaterwizard@aol.com If You have a problem with your machine, just ask me for help. Check out the Machine Problem Board

Scootermannn,
You need a bypass setup. This consists of a water tank that feeds the pump at the inlet and a return hose back to the tank. This application wil give you fresh water to the pump so you won't have to worry about the machine running continously. Your local Service Center will tell you how to set it up
Ron/Xterior

------------------

Scootermannn

Thank you all for the info. I am now informed and knowledgeable! Whohoo!!
smile_spin.gif

The burner should show up Monday from our supplier...it's just like Christmas in August...hehehehe

------------------
brian donaldson

David Saulque

<b>PWN TEAM - Hood Moderator</b><br<b><font color=
My reply to your question regarding the ladder was based on a two man crew. It is my opinion that hood system should only be cleaned with a two person crew or more. There are 100 reasons why but the number one reason is for a safe conclusion of the job. This comes from two angles,the crew safety and the customer equipment safety.

Good Luck

David

------------------

Our Sponsors