BLEACH, my problem with it

L

LightningClean

BLEACH
It sure has become a subject here lately. It sounds like the cure for cancer, but is it? Of cource not, but we all know it is a great cleaning agent and the possibilty of 12.5% sodium hypoclorite and liquid spic and span doing a good job is very possible.

Here is my biggest problem with this solution: HOMEOWNERS

While you think that you are getting out of this quick and easy, the homeowner is realalzing that all they have to do is use bleach and detergent to get the job done. You think its not possible for a homeowner to know what you are using when you are washing, think again. That strength of product you are using has to be stinking up the whole neighborhood. You may be doing the house you are on but think about this, word of mouth is the fastest way of getting more business, its also the fastest way to loose business. With that in mind do you really think that the word wont get around that you use bleach? Yeah Right! I dont use bleach for a number of personal reasons, but the biggest one is because it sends out the wrong message to the homeowner. It says I'm cheep and you can do this yourself! That totally makes us, the contract cleaner worthless and BLEACH the answer to everything. We may know different but who will belive you after you get known for using bleach. Remember this, rental stores RENT PRESSURE WASHERS, your not the only one that can get one! Just my beef with the bleach solution! Hope this dosn't offend anyone, I dont mean to. Good luck this year.

Rob

Dan Flynn

PWN Founder
Rob,

You’re not offending anyone, but you make it sound like bleach is illegal. It is recommend by many manufactures to clean the products they sell.

Also I wish I knew and I am so glad you brought it up. Hey everyone the only thing you need to know to become a power washer is the secret cleaner (Bleach) and a rented power washer. If I only knew.

Also I don't think that there is a big fear or a label that will be put on you if you use bleach. Consumers us it everyday, regardless if it’s for cloths or not. Every cleaning product in your home probably is 90% bleach or alcohol.

If your smart you will educated the customer about the different chemicals in your rented tool box, that you use other than bleach. So the secret is not bleach, nobody just sprays bleach. It is only one ingredient in an arsenal of solutions the professional rented pressure cleaner uses.

Here is a thought; I bet everyone on this board knows you don't like bleach. I bet everyone on this board knows you sell chemicals. I bet everyone on this board knows, your going to tell us you don’t like bleach again.

I hope I did not offend that is not my intention. My intention is this, we know you don't like bleach, and we all know why.

So there is really no need to tell us again and again. How ever this is a free board and your welcome to tell us again if you like.

Have a great year.
smile.gif
smileysex5.gif

------------------
Dan Flynn
Flynn Service Pro www.powerwash.net
708/715-4206

L

LightningClean

Dan,
I must of offended you, I dont think that I tried to sell anything off of that post and I do take offense that I cant say anything without it sounding to you like I am. Sorry that you feel that way. I am a cleaner just like you and for just as long. If my coming here and talking about things (other than my chemicals) bothers you I will quit coming here and that is ok with me. I have only been manufacturing chemicals since December but I have been cleaning for a long time before that. All I was saying about bleach was that you dont want to send out the wrong message. Read my post and then read yours. Whos trying to offend? Let me know.

Rob

Dan Flynn

PWN Founder
Rob,

Give me a break,
wobble.gif
I said nothing about you trying to promote your products. I said in the post that you could say what ever you want. I said this is a free board. I said that you have told us a 100 time you don't like bleach. If you don't want to come here that is your choice. You are welcome here.
I was just giving my opinion like you always do. I have no problems with anyone on this board. I feel that the people here are a great bunch of guys just learning and building relationships. However it does seem that you are combative and a bit argumentative. I think that may be your personality and I have excepted that. I enjoy most of your posts and encourage you to continue to participate.

------------------
Dan Flynn
708/715-4206

Tony Ward

Rob,

Give us a break on the bleach posts please. We've been using it as an additive since 1988. It works! We don't lose customers. We live in the South where mold and mildew are rampant and it works. It's cheap, we don't kill ANY plants, and did I mention that IT WORKS!

Over 50% of our business is repeats and referrals.

Tony

<FONT COLOR="#000080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by Tony Ward on March 15, 2000 ]</font>

A

AranPressureWashing

bounce2.gif
Too Funny! If you arte soooooo worried about the fact that house wash smells like bleach (Not to mention that it is about 15% NOT 3% or 5% laundry bleach). What would kill mildew better, or EVEN JUST as good as a commercial strength bleach?
geeeeezz! I'm in North Carolina - I've had to clean off stuff that looks like MOSS!
So, what OTHER options do you suggest?

Do Tell ....

C' Ya!

Wash Wagon

Nothing wrong with using bleach in my opinion either. I really don't think you would lose customers because you added some bleach to your cleaning formula, and i surely don't think it makes me "worthless" as you said. Most customers don't care what you use as long as it is used safely and gets the job done right.

Guess what McDonald's is putting in their cups now when you ask for a drink....Coca-Cola. (just like you buy at the store)
See my point?

------------------
John May

kdfoust

Hey Lightnen;

I don't really feel endangered by having my clients know that I use bleach. Just because we're using cheap commonly available ingredients doesn't mean that the homeowner wants to spend all day wrestling with a rented washer to apply it. Basically I don't try to compete with homeowners. I try to stay positioned way up-market from the do-it-yourselfer competition.

Have fun,
Kevin Foust /Clean Wonder H.P. Washing

<FONT COLOR="#000080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by kdfoust on March 18, 2000 ]</font>

G

Glenn

About Bleach,
I met with a customer for an estimate this morning. He said he had used bleach to clean his vinyl sided home last year. Problem is, he did not have the proper equipment for applying, and wound up getting pretty serious burns on his arms and legs. I think most homeowners around here know bleach is a good house wash additive. Heck, before I started Pwashing, I used 1/2 bleach, 1/2 water, garden sprayer, and a water hose to wash my house. Fact is, most homeowners don't have time or don't want to be bothered. When talking with them, I mention a good detergent I use, and the sealer I apply. This lets them know that there are more chems involved in professional house washing than Clorox. Most homeowners have mowers also, so why has the Lawn service companies just sprang up all around us. I use what I think will do my customers the best job. If it is bleach, then its bleach. If they want to do it themselves, I tell them how. Honesty is the best policy, it will bring you more Biz. Don't hide behind the mysterious chem jug bit. Just my thoughts.
Glenn

Dan Flynn

PWN Founder
Great point Glen, We do the same when it comes to educating the customer. We explain our service in detail and educated very politely about the weekender. We encourage them to get other estimates. We feel that it shows are credibility. In most cases we will get the job on the spot.
thinkerg.gif

------------------
Dan Flynn
708/715-4206

G

Glenn

Follow up,
Guy called me this evening about the forementioned estimate. He said I got the job because he felt I would do the best job. I wasn't the cheapest.
Glenn

Dan Flynn

PWN Founder
Look Good, Sound Good, And Be Honest
icon17.gif

------------------
Dan Flynn
Flynn Service Pro
www.powerwash.net
708/715-4206

Our Sponsors