unit wont start. HELP !!!!

johny

Guys please help me !!!
Today got done with half the job and my rk-21 wont start.Turn the key and nothing at all,just like a dead battery.I only have a few hours on that one,even with the pull start it didnt.I got mad and pulled it home,where finaly it started with the pull start.Sounds like a bad starter ,but the machine is brand new,what else can i chech,i know the battery is ok.
Today while the machine was on,i accidentaly turned the key and it made one click,i know i can tear up some plastic parts in the starter,but thats the only time i have ever done that,just one click should not have messed it up.
Please help,Johny

------------------

H

Hotwaterwizard

Sounds like the starter solnoid went bad. Try this to see; Turn the key to the on position. Then jump the two big terminals on the starter solnoid with a big screw driver. If the starter turns over, try it with the key. Then check the small wire on the solnoid to see if it is on snug. If you have a test light or a meter see if you have power at the terminal when you try to turn it over. If you have power and no starter turning over the solnoid is bad. If you have no power see if there is a fuse in line on the motor anywhere. Replace the fuse if it is bad.

thinkerg.gif

------------------
Hotwaterwizard@aol.com If You have a problem with your machine, just ask me for help. Check out the Machine Problem Board

Our Sponsors