Running two 5gpm machines to make a 10gpm

Greg Rentschler

Has anyone ran two 5 gpm skids into one hose to produce 10 gpm at 3000 psi. Were attempting it by running both supplies into a "T" then into a main feed hose but they seem to cancel each other out. In other words restrict each machine from producing its 5 gpm. We have a 36" concrete cleaner and I want to punch up it HP. I have heard of this being done before but I personally am new to it.

Thanks in advance,

Greg

------------------
Greg Rentschler
GCR PowerClean
www.gcrpowerclean.com
NEW E-Mail address: GCR PowerClean@cs.com

H

Hotwaterwizard

The best way I can think of to do that is to add two check valves before the Tee. One for each output, that way they will not affect one another. The check valve will stop one from going into the other. The only problem I see with that is when your tip plugs up it will be hard to unplug it unless you install a ball valve using a 4way Tee. Hook the ball valve to one side of the Tee with nothing on the out put of the ball valve that way you can relieve the pressure if your tip should plug up. On side 2 of the Tee, hook your output hose to your scrubber. On side 3&4 hook a check valve on each to the pressure washers. Make sure the check valves are pointed the right direction with the flow going to the Tee.

------------------
Hotwaterwizard@aol.com If You have a problem with your machine, just ask me for help. Check out the Machine Problem Board

Greg Rentschler

Thanks John,

Any suggestions as to were I can pick up two 3500 psi check valves?? I don't know that I have ever seen them. Maybe a hydraulics outfit.... don't know.

Greg

------------------
Greg Rentschler
GCR PowerClean
www.gcrpowerclean.com
NEW E-Mail address: GCR PowerClean@cs.com

HI-Pressure

We have several customers that do this and it works well. Jon has a good idea about the relief valve. As for the check valves your supplier should have them. If they don't try your local hydraulic supply store.

Daren
Hi-Pressure

------------------

Our Sponsors