Oil change

dartonviper

Can I use a Fram oil filter on my 18 hp B&S Vangaurd?
If so what is the fram number I would use?
Thanks

------------------

H

Hotwaterwizard

Fram does make one that will fit but I don't have the number. They cost just as much as original.

------------------
Hotwaterwizard@aol.com If You have a problem with your machine, just ask me for help. Check out the Machine Problem Board

H

Hotwaterwizard

Fram Extra Guard PH3614. Try this one.

------------------
Hotwaterwizard@aol.com If You have a problem with your machine, just ask me for help. Check out the Machine Problem Board

Ron Musgraves

Administrator
Staff member
American auto makes the filter for Briggs. You can look on the filter where you screw this on. You will find two small letters AA, this stands for American auto. Briggs charges anywhere from 7.00 to 13.00. Auto zone carry’s the deutsch brand part # d366 for $1.99 if you look at the inside letters AA, same filter. Not a big savings for a guy with one rig. The air filter can also be ordered at Napa or Autozone. The oil filter they will have in stock. Air filter is about 4.59 huge difference. I have had Briggs challenge whether the warrantee would hold up. Good news, they could not argue, the filters are the same, just a different name on the labels. Write that part number down. E-mail me if you need the air filter, don’t remember it right now. Hope this help you save money.

------------------
Ron Marshal Phoenix AZ
1-888-fleetwash

[This message has been edited by Ron Marshal (edited September 20, 2000).]

H

Hotwaterwizard

<FONT size="15">AIR FILTER INFO PLEASE!</FONT s>

------------------

Ron Musgraves

Administrator
Staff member
Napa power equipment products #7-02228 replaces Briggs #394018 air filter. i will get the autozone # they are less expensive. Dimension h 2 1/8 x 7 1/8 ID 5 1/2

------------------
Ron Marshal Phoenix AZ
1-888-fleetwash

HI-Pressure

John,

We primarly use OEM filters due to we are a distributer for Briggs. But sometimes to be competitive we use a brand called STENS. They have a web site www.stens.com and since you are a distributer and a reseller they can set you up. Probably have a local small engine distributer in the area that carries stens.
Briggs# 393957
Stens# 100-073

Briggs# 394018
Stens# 100-131
Email me if you want distributer prices.

Daren Marshall
Hi-Pressure

------------------

Christopher

21hp Vanguard filter 492932 replacement?

Anybody know the number for any other brand than Briggs for my 21hp Vanguard #42932? Thanks.

Mark

Moderator / Sponsor
If you have a local Napa Auto Parts they can probably cross reference that filter for you!
:)

Our Sponsors