PW purchase

MOJOFILTER

Wiz,

I am negotiatng the purchase of a used rig.
The machine is set up in a cube van. It is about five years old, but reportedly had only part-time use. It is a locally made machine sorta looks like a hotsy.
Very well laid out. Easy acces to engine & pump
It has an 18hp twin cylander Kohler engine, belt driven general pump and vertical heater
Local Mfg (Benson Mfg) call the machine "Magnum"
There is no hour meter.

Seller is taking it back to dealer this week to have it checked out to make sure everything is working properly

What can I look for, check, ask to get an idea how much life is left in the machine. Are there specs to determine if the engine is working--but ready to crap out? Specs or ways to tell if the coil or burner or pump is ready to go.

The machine is set up for upstream injection only. No double wands. Seller has mentioned applying aluminum brightner with the machine---I thought that would ruin the pump.

I agree with others advice about buying a new machine, but this seems to be a good opportunity. Complete rig, surface cleaner, 300 gallon tank, chemical tanks, wands, turbo tip,hoses, reels, brushes in an 87 ford cube van that looks brand new--100k miles $7800

------------------
DCS

H

Hotwaterwizard

Sounds like a great deal to me. Of coarse I don't have that kind of money but, if I did I would buy it.

------------------
Hotwaterwizard@aol.com If You have a problem with your machine, just ask me for help. Check out the Machine Problem Board

Our Sponsors