Surface Cleaners

Dan Flynn

PWN Founder
We have always used a 2-nozzle bar. Has anyone used the 3-nozzle bar and can they see a difference in the two?

We also used 15's @ 3.0 on the bar for a 5 gpm machine. What are you guys using?

Also we have an 18" and a 24", thinking about the 30. I realize it covers more area, but do you feel it slows down the pace, which would make it the same cleaning time as the smaller units because of the water distance ?

------------------
Dan Flynn
Flynn Service Pro
www.powerwash.net
708/715-4206

R

Rick, Prowash

Hello Dan,

I use 03/15 nozzles on the "Washpro 2000" running 3000@5. It's a two arm unit that cleans about a 22" path. I haven't tried a three arm unit, but I believe you would have to run three (3) 02/15 nozzles to retain high pressure. 02 nozzles may clog easier due to the small size.

I did try a 30" unit. Compared to my 22" units, it seemed that I had to move extremely slow to get the same results. In reality the overall production rates would probably be pretty close, if the 30" rig was more manueverable. It had fixed rear wheels. I think 360 degree casters work better.

See ya,
Rick www.ProWash.net

Dan Flynn

PWN Founder
Thanks Rick,

Mine all hover and I really like the way I can move them around in any direction. Never used one with the wheels. Seems like you could run into problems with changing the wheels all the time.

Have a great day.

------------------
Dan Flynn
Flynn Service Pro
www.powerwash.net
708/715-4206

Richard

Originally posted by Dan Flynn:
We have always used a 2-nozzle bar. Has anyone used the 3-nozzle bar and can they see a difference in the two?

We also used 15's @ 3.0 on the bar for a 5 gpm machine. What are you guys using?

Also we have an 18" and a 24", thinking about the 30. I realize it covers more area, but do you feel it slows down the pace, which would make it the same cleaning time as the smaller units because of the water distance ?

Do you think that having a hyrdo scubber on wheels when tend you to have more detail work. Like up against a wall?
Richard

M

Mike@Everclear

Quick question......I have a 19" hovering surface cleaner which I have yet to use. It has a 2 nozzle bar. I run 3000psi at
5.5 GPMs

What nozzle sizes would you reccommend?
It came with 25 @ 2.5 on it, but I believe they are too small for my machine. Any suggestions?

------------------
Mike Hughes
Everclear
Souderton, PA

Dan Flynn

PWN Founder
If your running 5.5 gpm, you could go with two 3.0. We always had 15' on ours. Not sure if it matters.

------------------
Dan Flynn
Flynn Service Pro
www.powerwash.net
708/715-4206

C

Craig/PowerWashUnlimited

For those of you weighing the casters vs. hover type surface cleaners, i would like to give my two cents. Actually, i would like to give my 18 bucks. First two surface cleaners i bought were the 360 degree caster type, and i bet i have changed, out of the 8 casters, each one at least twice 2 years. At 18 bucks a piece, that gets old. 64 bucks a year isnt bad on maintenance, i understand that, but the other 24" hover hasnt cost me a thing, besides the time i was just a cleaning a way and went over the top of a sprinkler head at the same time it decided to come on and water the flower beds, and bent the bar. Yep, thats the kind of luck i have.

Craig

------------------
Craig Knight
Power Wash Unlimited
www.powerwashunlimited.com

Our Sponsors