WInterizing PW

Clean County

WIZ, I read your post about making sure your coils don't freeze and it was very informative. I have 3 cold water pw's and one hot water pw which I bought this past March. The hot water pw is a landa pghw 3000 psi with a 16hp vangaurd engine. I love this machine and I want to make sure it last a long time. The other pw's are winterized and wont be used untill next year. The hot water pw is also winterized after each use because I'm still using it. What I do is I run 50/50 antifreeze thru it when I complete a job. This pw is on the back of my truck and completely exposed to the weather ailments. Do I need to do more then just running antifreeze thru it to protect the coils? In another couple of weeks I will put this pw in the garage to protect it untill I start up again next year but untill then it will be exposed to some extremely cold weather/snow. Thanks-John-

------------------

H

Hotwaterwizard

Yes keep it warm. Do not depend on antifreeze alone. Put some Blankets on it if you have to. You could even use a heater from a waterbed or a heating pad or better yet an electric blanket with a tarp over it.

------------------
Hotwaterwizard@aol.com If You have a problem with your machine, just ask me for help. Check out the Machine Problem Board

Our Sponsors