Anyone exhausting engine and heater together

ALL-BRITE

Looking at exhausting my engine and HWunit into a central stack exhaust from inside my 6x12 enclosed trailer. Has anyone done this before? Also Wiz do you think that my vanguard will get too hot being inside trailer this summer.Will it overheat? Thanks Tim

------------------
Tim Highfield
ALL-BRITE POWERWASHING

Mark

Moderator / Sponsor
I thought I would put my 2 cents in here!

We have set up several van mounted Hot HP Washers, with one exhaust outlet for engine & burner exhaust both, they work great!

As to engine overheating I was a little concerned, both units were set up with exhaust fans over the unit, and run only with doors open. Air cooled engines such as a B&S Vanguard need air!

Hope this info helps!

beer.gif

------------------
Call or e-mail me if I can be of assistance!

Mark McIntyre: AKA: Pressure Washer Zone Man.
PressureWasherZone.com EasyCleanSystems.com
Mark@easycleansystems.com

916 638-0828

ALL-BRITE

Mark did you have to have the pipes custom bent?
Can you email me a pic? What about the where the pipe comes thru the roof did you add a vent or cover to keep the rain from going down pipe? Thanks Tim

------------------
Tim Highfield
ALL-BRITE POWERWASHING

H

Hotwaterwizard

As long as you make the pipe [or flue whatever you want to call it] As big or bigger than the original exaust from your burner you will be okay. Never under any circumstances do you make it smaller or put a bend in it. You will create a soot problem. The fan idea is great and doors open.
thinkerg.gif

------------------
Hotwaterwizard@aol.com If You have a problem with your machine, just ask me for help. Check out the Machine Problem Board

Mark

Moderator / Sponsor
Tim,

"Wiz" is right, the stack size should never be reduced!

We have found with the Alkota 5305 we were able to run a flex exhaust pipe from the muffler to a custom built stack adapter which was bigger than the burner exhaust stack, and next we added a slip on stack adapter which made a 90 degree bend and went out about 12" and made another 90 degree bend to exit the van.

(With the exception of the flexible exhaust pipe, everything else was custom made at a local sheet metal shop.)

No soot problems ever! The increased size on the exhaust stack and the engine exhaust being injected in to the burner exhaust helped keep a clean soot free burn. (Kind of like an afterburner effect!)

I will post a picture if I can find one.
wink.gif

------------------
Call or e-mail me if I can be of assistance!

Mark McIntyre: AKA: Pressure Washer Zone Man.
PressureWasherZone.com EasyCleanSystems.com
Mark@easycleansystems.com

916 638-0828

Our Sponsors