De-scaling skids units

Ron Musgraves

Administrator
Staff member
De-scaling skids units

How often would you recommend a guy de-scale his rig?

1. No soft or di water.
2. Water is probably medium, not hard but no soft.

I know you might say when it needs it, I looking to prevent low water volume and pressure loss due to shoot build up inside coil.

Thanks wiz- others welcome to their opinion.

------------------
Ron Marshal Phoenix AZ
1-888-fleetwash

H

Hotwaterwizard

The more you Descale the thinner your coils get. The acid eats away the metal as well as the scale buildup in your coils. The way you can tell if it needs it or not is to take the fitting off of the outlet of your coils and physically check the inside of the pipe with a flashlight. Another indication is your tip will clog up alot and your volume will be lower. If your volume is low without a tip you disconnect the pump from the coils and see if the volume is different. If you have alot of flow from the pump and very little from the coils your answer is in front of you. your coils need descaled.
thinkerg.gif

------------------
Hotwaterwizard@aol.com If You have a problem with your machine, just ask me for help. Check out the Machine Problem Board

Ron Musgraves

Administrator
Staff member
Because of the ware to the coils you don’t recommend any preventive maintenance.

Thanks john

------------------
Ron Marshal Phoenix AZ
1-888-fleetwash

H

Hotwaterwizard

The only preventive maint is don't run soap thru the coils. You might run some vinegar thru every once in a while as a preventive measure. If you have a float tank stick your hose without a gun in the float tank and recirculate thru the machine for about 30 min or so.

------------------
Hotwaterwizard@aol.com If You have a problem with your machine, just ask me for help. Check out the Machine Problem Board

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
Ron

Its to my understanding its the water scale that will give you your problem not the chemical scale.The chemical scale is easier to remove then the water scale.The hotter you run your water the faster it will scale b/c the impurities precipitate out faster.I think a fellow should at least proof he's coils at least once a year(or more)to remove scale buildup from cleaning chemicals.Proofing want get rid of a major water scale,it takes awhile to remove water scale and if done wrong it can literally eat ya coils up.
If removeing waterscale you should use the right kind of acid(self-inhidited acid),its safer on the metal and confines to the deposits.I try to proof mine every month or two so it want get to bad and it saves on fuel if ya keep it clean..............C-ya

------------------
When In Doubt,,,,Think It Out.

H

Hotwaterwizard

If you want a realistic way to proof your coils Soften the water first before it goes in your pump and use a downline injector or an X-Jet to put on your chemicals. Then you won't have any buildup.

------------------

Our Sponsors