electrodes

Cavalier

Hello,
I'm having trouble with my beckett burner igniting consistantly, once it starts it runns until I close the gun for a moment but then has trouble reigniting, seems to load up blow alot of smoke(top and bottom) I'm wondering what is the proper setting for electrodes? should they arc, from each other or across to the nozzle? how high in refernce to the top of the nozzle and how far apart from each other. they dont apear coroded other than soot that wipes off.

Thanks again,
Adrian

------------------

H

Hotwaterwizard

The electrodes should arc to each other. The distance between them is about 1/8 to 1/4 inch the distance above the nozzle is about 1/8 inch and the distance from the tip of each electrode to the center of the nozzle is about 3/8 inch. You should also adjust your air band on the side of the burner near (or around) the fuel pump. Air travels faster in cold temperatures and my guess is your smoke is white not grey meaning too much air. Also use your nose and eyes as tools if the fire burns both you need to adjust the fuel to air mix so it will burn clean. The fuel adjustment is on the fuel pump near the outlet usually on the right side of the pump. It takes a slotted screwdriver.

------------------
Hotwaterwizard@aol.com If You have a problem with your machine, just ask me for help. Check out the Machine Problem Board

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS">Not all but most are set 1/8inch apart 1/8 inch forward in front of fuel nzle. and 1/2 inch above center of nzle.,,can be set a tab higher.May not be your electrodes,check your battery it will cause,fuel nzle. should spray a conical patteren if more of a stream it will cause,plus other things can cause.hope this helped.</FONT f>

------------------
When answering Post If It Sounds As tho I'm Holding A Match To Ya "Fear Not" Its Only Lit On One End.I'm No Doctor The Pill I Subscride Is For Me Only.They May Make You Jump Up and Down Or Crawl All Over The Ground.Will Try To Help Sail Your Ship Even Tho Rocket Fuel Is The Tip.
When In Doubt,,,Think It Out.....triplel@bscn.com

Dan Flynn

PWN Founder
Here are a few things to consider, If you have a bad gun, that is leaking at the tip. It can confuse the unloader. Which can make it go bad. It can cause you to replace it. Also this can cause the fuel nozzle and or the transformer on the burner to burn out.

I am not great in this area, but it sounds like problems I have had in the past. Just some thoughts from the peanut gallery.

------------------
Dan Flynn
Timberland Power Wash
www.powerwash.net
Houston, Texas.

Cavalier

Thanks everyone,
I reset the electrodes and they seem to be keeping a continuous arc now before they sputtered, to far apart. burner ran but still smoked even blew flames around the base once, so I turned fuel screw 1/4 turn in and it seems ok. Does the fuel adjustment work like a carb in to lean out for richer?

Adrian

------------------

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
<FONT face="Stencil"><FONT COLOR="Maroon">Yes and No,,,if you turn it clockwise it increases the psi of the fuel being pumped into the fuel nzle.,if you turn it counter clockwise it decreases the psi for less fuel being pumped into fuel nzle.The flames you seen probley came from extra fuel being in coils from not inginitimg before,it takes it alittle while to burn out,if you still have alittle smoke comeing out try putting a battery charger on the battery while still on pw and wait a sec to see if it helps.</FONT c></FONT f>

------------------
When answering Post If It Sounds As tho I'm Holding A Match To Ya "Fear Not" Its Only Lit On One End.I'm No Doctor The Pill I Subscride Is For Me Only.They May Make You Jump Up and Down Or Crawl All Over The Ground.Will Try To Help Sail Your Ship Even Tho Rocket Fuel Is The Tip.
When In Doubt,,,Think It Out.....triplel@bscn.com

Our Sponsors