Chemical Injector Problem

Walt Edwards

I was conducting maintenance on my washer today and experimenting with a soap nozzle. I noticed that when the water heated up that my injector would stop pulling chemical, but when I shut down the burner and went back to using cold water the injector would start working again after about one minute. I have a rk21 style washer. 3000psi 6.0 gpm. Has anyone out there had this problem and can you offer any assistance. Thanks, Walt

G

Glenn

Hey neighbor,
Sounds like we have close to the same setup. I haven't experienced any problems with mine though. I am assuming you are refering to a down streamer you have mounted after the heater. What type injector is it, and what material is it made of, Brass, Stainless?
Maybe it isn't designed for a hot water application? Have you tried a different tip?
Glenn

Scott Stone

This is just an off handed guess. In the past I have noticed that when the heater heats up it takes a while to get the pressure in the line built up. This is because there is so much lime in the coil hat it has to heat up all of the Lime and when it does it expands and blocks the coil. Yet when it is running cold it does not expand. My guess is that when it is hot that there is so much back pressure in the coil that the flow is restricted so that it cannot pick up the soap on low pressure. I would clean out or delime the coil and see if that helps at all.

------------------
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Just a guy driving around trying to make a living washing trucks, Wouldn't know a deck if it bit me in the hind quarters,

Bus. Phone 480-834-3434
Cell Phone 602-509-9741

Our Sponsors