Hot Unit, Not Very Hot????

Dan Flynn

PWN Founder
Hey Wiz,

I have an Elite with a Beckett burner. All seems to be working fine. But my water is not as hot as it should be. When I touch the wand it feel very warm, but not hot. When it's right the lance on the wand can just about burn you. You know what I me.

The only problems I have had with this unit are. The transformer on the burner has gone out 3 time. First time was after a year or two. Then I replaced the unloader twice.

Any idea on what the problem could be?????

------------------
Dan Flynn
Timberland Power Wash
www.powerwash.net
Houston, Texas.

PUREPOWER

Dan,

I have the same problem right now. I was told by the manufacturer of my machine that it is the water supply temp. I don't know how cold it is in Texas, but in PA it has been cold and the ground water is too.

I adjusted my fuel pump a little and it does burn hotter than it was. I was only getting up to 135dg,
now I'm up to 185dg. I need the heat for hoods, makes it ALOT easier!!

YES!!!!, I will adjust the fuel pump down come spring.
We monitor the temp of the water with a gauge on every job. I'm so anal, I have a log to record it in.

Hope this helps.

Jordan

------------------

Dan Flynn

PWN Founder
It was around 55 to 60 that day. I am not sure of the water temp supplied from the building I was at. I will see what happens next time I use heat.

Thanks
Jordan

------------------
Dan Flynn
Timberland Power Wash
www.powerwash.net
Houston, Texas.

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><FONT COLOR="Fuchsia">It sounds as tho your sooted up or scaled,may not but sounds like,that is if your useing just the high limit switch to control your temp.Your ground water will not have that most effect on the temp.,ice water may.Or could be yel your transformer again
laughing.gif
</FONT c></FONT f>

------------------
When answering Post If It Sounds As tho I'm Holding A Match To Ya "Fear Not" Its Only Lit On One End.I'm No Doctor The Pill I Subscride Is For Me Only.They May Make You Jump Up and Down Or Crawl All Over The Ground.Will Try To Help Sail Your Ship Even Tho Rocket Fuel Is The Tip.
When In Doubt,,,Think It Out.....triplel@bscn.com

H

Hotwaterwizard

Well, when was the last time you changed your fuel nozzle? How about your Fuel filter? If it was scale your water would be real hot. Sounds like you may need a new fuel filter a new fuel nozzle and a new spray tip on your wand.

------------------
Hotwaterwizard@aol.com If You have a problem with your machine, just ask me for help. Check out the Machine Problem Board

Our Sponsors