Hi pressure pulses

ALL-BRITE

I have a brand new Elite H/c Water unit. 5gpm 3000psi
Bypassing to water tank. When I use a 0deg nozzle I get
5secs of high press and about 15 secs of low press.
When I used a 40deg nozzle it seemed to work ok.
I do not think that I am starving for water . Could the unloader need adjusting? I only have about 1hr on the machine. Another question are there any benefits form burning Kerosene over diesel? Thanks Tim

------------------
Tim Highfield
ALL-BRITE POWERWASHING

Dave Olson

Hi Tim,

I would first check the orifice size on the zero tip. It may not be the correct size for your machine. A 5 gpm machine @ 3000 psi should use a 5.5 tip.

We use an off road K1 fuel (Amoco Preimer) in our 5800 series Hotsy. We like it better than Diesel because it is much cleaner and it is also cleaner than regular K1! Using an off road fuel also saves you paying road use tax that is on fuels used on the highway. You of course still need to pay sales taxes.

Dave Olson

------------------
Tidy Powerwash Service, Inc. P.O. Box 781, Catlin, Illinois 61817 Phone 217-427-5557, Fax 217-427-2632 We are a commercial cleaning contractor serving East-Central Illinois and West Central Indiana since 1984. http://www.tps-inc.com/preswash.htm

H

Hotwaterwizard

Dave you hit the nail on the head.
smash.gif

A K7 or K5 unloader will always tell you if your tip is too small.
It will surge on and off. Another thing that can cause low volume is a clogged inlet screen where your hose attaches. A loose clamp on one of your machines many hoses will cause it to suck air in with the water. Also a stuck valve can cause this. And finally a plugged coil.
Bottom line Check your tip size, all of your clamps, and your water filters. Then your valves and coil.

------------------
Hotwaterwizard@aol.com If You have a problem with your machine, just ask me for help. Check out the Machine Problem Board

Our Sponsors