Hours?

Cavalier

What is an average life expectancy (roughly) of:
1) motor
2) pump
3) heater unit

I realize that this will vary alot depending on brands, and maintence, but looking for general range for example a car 150k-200k they are ready for major overhauls
Thanks again,
Adrian

------------------

H

Hotwaterwizard

Most will start to give you major problems in about 5 to 7 years if you do the maintainence as reccomended.
Have seen machines go 15 to 20 without a major problem.<FONT COLOR="Red">Treat Your Machine Good And It Will Treat You Good!</FONT c>

------------------
Hotwaterwizard@aol.com If You have a problem with your machine, just ask me for help. Check out the Machine Problem Board

HI-Pressure

Like the Wiz said treat it right and it will last a very long time. We have several B & S vanguard engines with 3000+ hours on them. They get serviced every 50 hours, air filters changed on regular basis, fuel filters changed, spark plugs: the normal service type work. The secret is change that oil! As for pumps: who knows how long they will last. Keep the chemicals out of them, change the oil regularly and they last a very long time.

While on the suject of pumps lasting a long time has anyone else noticed this? On units that run D.I. water through the pump the packings do not seem to last as long. Any ideas wiz? Or does it just work out that way or is it my dumb-founded luck?

Daren Marshall
HI-Pressure

------------------

J

Jim&Shirley

Adrian,
that was a very good question,
one we have always wondered about.
Thanks wiz, and daren, and for the iformation and glad to hear that on B&S VANGUARD.

YOU GUY ARE GREAT!!!!! THANKS!!!!
beer.gif

JIM & SHIRLEY

------------------

Our Sponsors