Skid breakage?

Tim

Another question.........
Do skid units that have engine and components welded to frame have a problem w/ the welds breaking after time due to vibration? Are there any units that are bolted to frames instead?
I was advised that there are some units that have a separate rubber-coated plate that the engine is mounted to that alleviates the broken weld problem.
Just wondering if anyone else has had this prblem.'
Thanks

------------------
Tim Srader
X-Stream Kleen

Dan S

hey there Tim im not Wiz.........i think that he thinks that we dont need him because we answer the questions ....Wiz i remember you replying one time and stated something about you felt you was'nt wanted..and i think it's because we answer the questions .
NONSENSE... we need ya .

after all that said .....NO To tim the welds wont break
unless you buy from WAL-MART..............

------------------
Washing a truck can be challenging.Every truck in a fleet may require different treatment.Adapt the washing process to the challenges that you are dealing with.

J

Jim&Shirley

HEY TIM.
We had 2-elite skid mounted units on our Truck,
When We had our Wreck, it Rolled 6-7 Times across the Interstate and Unbelivable the welds did"nt break, but sure as heck Crushed them, also that we lived through it, but everything else destroyed,insurence would not say totaled. we now have 2- more.Also everything stayed attached Includeing motors, excecpt water-tank.
P.S. We Reread your post, We Thought all the engines and components are bolted to the Frames?? as ours are,
sorry miss read your post.Hope this helps though,

HEY WIZ YOU WILL HAVE TO ANSWER THIS???
P.S MISS SEEING YOU HERE!!!!!!

JIM & SHIRLEY
[Typed by jim]

------------------

[This message has been edited by Jim&Shirley (edited March 03, 2001).]

Larry L.

PWN TEAM - Moderator Emeritus
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><FONT COLOR="Blue">
I've never had any trouble with welded frames.

Dan,I seen dat post also,,dat the reason I don't answer nomore unless its 2 or 3 days old with no answer.

Like you said we need the wiz,,wife may have him hanging from a tree,underpressure may be busy also.

</FONT c></FONT f>

------------------
<FONT COLOR="orangeRed"><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">When answering Post If It Sounds As tho I'm Holding A Match To Ya "Fear Not" Its Only Lit On One End.</FONT c></FONT f><FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><FONT COLOR="Fuchsia">I'm No Doctor The Pill I Subscride Is For Me Only.They May Make You Jump Up and Down Or Crawl All Over The Ground.</FONT c></FONT f><FONT face="comic sans MS"><FONT COLOR="green">Will Try To Help Sail Your Ship Even Tho Rocket Fuel Is The Tip.</FONT c></FONT f>

<FONT COLOR="red"><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">When In Doubt,,,Think It Out</FONT c></FONT f><FONT COLOR="blue"><FONT face="Comic Sans MS">.....triplel@bscn.com</FONT c></FONT f>

Dan S

<FONT COLOR="Blue">10/4 there big-boy i normally dont answer a eq. question unless it goes awhile .....</FONT c><FONT COLOR="Blue">10/4 there big-boy i normally dont answer a eq. question unless it goes awhile .....</FONT c>

------------------
Washing a truck can be challenging.Every truck in a fleet may require different treatment.Adapt the washing process to the challenges that you are dealing with.

HI-Pressure

I have had to reweld two maybe three skids in the last 7 years. It usually due to a bad weld the first time. Can't even remember the last one I welded. Oh just a little note: Last one I did weld was because the pump was pulsating so bad it literaly shook it apart. Can't blame the skid for that.

Daren Marshall
HI-Pressure

------------------

Our Sponsors