Oil sending unit leaking

tzahlman

Washed yesterday for the first time in 2 months. After starting machine and flushing out anti freeze I noticed oil dripping from the oilsending unit on my Vanguard 16hp engine. I had just had it replaced 3months ago and only had it running about 2-3 times since. All bolts are tight and cant see the gasket failing this soon. Also I noticed the burner light not shutting down when trigger is released. Could this be in the switch? PLEASE HELP!!

Tom @ CleanImage Powerwashing

------------------

J

Jim&Shirley

Hey Tom.
what kind of Machine do you Have,
We also have a 16 hp Vanguard E-lite machine, that we have also had Leaking oil from the oil-filter gaset on A brand new installed motor, then had it also leaking because filter wasn'T TIGHT. Vangaurd been having problems with there gasets leaking, be careful the motor will lock up, even with oil sending unit, also on our machine the burner light is supose to stay on rather you pull your handle or not, once you turn-it on, til you turn the swich off.
we do-not work on machines or have all the Answers,

But Hope This Helps since no-one else has answered yet.

JIM & SHIRLEY
[Typed byt jim]

------------------

tzahlman

Thanks for the reply, I have a RK-21 almost 1-1/2 yrs old. Was thinking about taking it into a local distrubitor/repair house but am afraid of getting reamed. Would like to fix myself if possible. PS hows the new equipment working? Saw your pics and love the rig.

Thanks Tom @ CleanImage Powerwashing
beer.gif

------------------

J

Jim&Shirley

Machines are working great. Our supplier always take care of our repairs. When the oil leak started we were finishing up the 3rd job for the night, we called them and told them we had this problem and we still had that trailer attached to the truck. We dropped it off and told them we were going to go to bed and they had it ready for us that afternoon. Everything is still under warranty but they always get all our business and usually don't charge us very much if anything on labor. They were even kind enough to offer to lend us a trailer unit or two at no charge after the wreck till we could get back on our feet. We don't know what we would do without these guys.

Jim & Shirley
(Typed by Shirley)

------------------

HI-Pressure

This has been an on going problem for Briggs. You will see alot of leaks on all the units with lower exhaust outlets. This is because they must turn and extend the oil filter adapter. This particular adapter has a tendancy to crack and leak oil. I have replaced several of them already this year. We finally welded a reinforcement on the adapter and also only use the short filter. There is also a small oring that is on the back engine plate that blows out and will cause severe leaking. You will notice oil coming from everywhere. Your local Briggs dealer should have a service bulletin on how to fix. Also if the unit is leaking oil make sure the oring on the oil dipstick is in place and in good shape.

Hope I could help!

Daren Marshall
HI-Pressure

------------------

tzahlman

Daren
Thanks for the response, I think I'm going to have a dealer look at it and go from there. Thanks again Tom.

------------------

Our Sponsors