No Pressure

High Pressure

I have a brand new hot water Alkota. Used it a few days ago with no problems and last night I couldn't get any pressure.

The water was coming out of the hose very slowly. At times the flow would pick up, stop for a second and then pick up again, but never enough to pressure wash. The burner wasn't even going on.

At first I thought there might be a piece of ice blocking the flow but couldn't find any. Then I thought maybe the hydrant I hooked up to passed something through that was obstructing the flow.

Any suggestions on where to look for a blockage? Or do you think there is another problem?

Thanks.

------------------

H

Hotwaterwizard

On some of the Alkotas They put a ball valve on the hose going to the float tank. Check that. Also check the water in the float tank if it has one. See if it is frozen or if the screen in the tank is plugged. Alot of times the tip will get a piece of stuff in it that will restrict the flow sometimes and not other times. The main cause of pressure loss is the soap valve open it sucks air in, also check all of the hoses for loose clamps or pin holes. If your hose is pulsating or vibrating you have something stuck in one of your valves. To chect out the valves remove those big brass caps on your pump head, all 6 of them and remove each valve and inspect it.

------------------
Hotwaterwizard@aol.com If You have a problem with your machine, just ask me for help. Check out the Machine Problem Board

High Pressure

Hey Wizard,

I tried everything you mentioned and still no pressure. Any other suggestions before I bring it to the repair shop?

The only other thing I can think of is I poured 2 5-gallon containers of diesel in before starting up the machine. I had this diesel in the containers for about 2 weeks. Do you think there was too much moisture in there?

What are the worst possibilities . . . bad pump???

------------------

HI-Pressure

Does the unit sound like it is trying to build pressure? Have you unhooked everything back to the pump to make sure you have good water flow. Kinda sounds like an obstruction or a restriction on the supply side.

Daren Marshall

HI-Pressure

------------------

Mark

Moderator / Sponsor
In our telephone conversation, you mentioned ice in the float tank, (I believe) my guess is you damaged the pump packing and or plungers, by cavitating the pump.

If you call me Tuesday morning I can find out who your nearest Alkota dealer is, to assist you.

Mark

------------------
Call or e-mail me if I can be of assistance!
1 800 292-3279

Mark McIntyre: AKA: Pressure Washer Zone Man.
PressureWasherZone.com EasyCleanSystems.com
Mark@easycleansystems.com

916 638-0828

H

Hotwaterwizard

Mark is right . Sounds like the packings are gone.
Try this link
Alkota Distributor Locator

------------------
Hotwaterwizard@aol.com If You have a problem with your machine, just ask me for help. Check out the Machine Problem Board

High Pressure

I hate to bother you with this again . . . but if it is the pump packings, how much should I be prepared to spend on repairing it??

------------------

H

Hotwaterwizard

Packings no more than $65 for the kit
Valves no more than $45 for the kit
Labor no more than an hour about $50
____
$160

------------------

Our Sponsors