Pressure problem

Tim

Have brand new Tuff 3000 psi 5 gpm hot / cold skid.
Has 1 hr on it (from factory test). H2O input is 3/4" hose w/ approx 5 gal every 45 sec entering pump. Unloader is K7 flow activated unloader. Turned H2O on
to wash for 1st time, had pessure for about 15-20 sec, then lost all pressure. PSI shows output of only 200 psi. Checked filter - ok. Input has filter then goes into pump. Hi pressure line into unloader, low pressure bypass line w/o check valve back into filter. Above inlet valve, coming off pump is a "T" w/ hi pressure guage and a low pressure line feeding back into other side of filter (opposite the bypass line inlet). Any suggestions on problem?
Thanks

------------------
Tim Srader
X-Stream Kleen

H

Hotwaterwizard

1)Close your soap valve.
2)See if the tip is the right size.
3)See if your Tip is clogged.
4)Look at the filter on the inlet for junk in it.
5)See if the High pressure hose is pulsating.
6)If hose is pulsing check the valves in the pump.
7)Tighten all of the hose clamps.
8)Run the water thru the pump for 5 min to let all of the air out with out the gun on the hose. New machines have no water in them and you have to prime the system to let all of the air out.

------------------
Hotwaterwizard@aol.com If You have a problem with your machine, just ask me for help. Check out the Machine Problem Board

Tim

Hey Wiz,
Have run water thru machine completely before starting (it came winterized) so had to flush system. Ran fine while flushing out. Then hooked up dual lance w/ downstream injector to hi pressure hoses, then lost pressure. Took off filter - cleaned. Checked input volume - ok. Tip I was using came w/ machine. Was using 25 on dual lance. Unhooked hose and gun and still have same prob coming straight out of discharge of machine.
Talked w/ friend....stated could be a prob of no check valve on bypass between unloader and filter. He also wondered about the 2nd hose from hi pressure guage to filter....what's it for?
Any other suggestions?

------------------
Tim Srader
X-Stream Kleen

H

Hotwaterwizard

The Unloader is the check valve.
The pressure guage is in the wrong location. Check the arrow on the downline injector see if it is on the right direction. If the Injector is on backwards or is the wrong size it will cause the symptoms you described.
Sounds Like you got a machine that was put together wrong. Wish I was there to take a look at it for you.

------------------
Hotwaterwizard@aol.com If You have a problem with your machine, just ask me for help. Check out the Machine Problem Board

Tim

Hey Wiz,
Called distributor for help. The setup explanation is this:
The hi pressure guage was coming out of pump above the H20 inlet on a "T". Coming off the "T" was a low pressure line feeding back into inlet filter (opposite the low pressure bypass line). Was advised that this was an "easy start" setup for a pressure unloader so that engine could start despite the pressure build up (I think I said that right). Notice that when I bought the machine, I upgraded to a FLOW UNLOADER not a pressure unloader. So took it off and attached pressure guage directly to pump and plugged the inlet on filter.
As far as the pressure problem, couldn't find the problem so swapped unloaders and it works fine. (Bad unloader?) Sending it back to distributor for replacement/rebuild. Downstream injector works fine and is pointed in right direction and correct size.
Thanks for the info.
Tim

------------------
Tim Srader
X-Stream Kleen

Our Sponsors