Replacing 24hp with 18hp

Clean County

Hey Wiz,
I have another question that is the exact opposite of the last question I posted concerning Hp. I have a Landa PGHW 16hp Vangaurd hot water PW thats rated at 3000psi at 4.8 gal/min. with a 2500watt generator that is one year old and I just purchased a 10 year old Landa SGHW hot water PW that is rated at 3000psi at 5.2 gal a minute with a 2000watt generator. On this machine is a new heater coil with a new wrap to it. Also the pump looks fairly new. This PW has a blown 24hp onen engine and I would like to replace it with an 18hp Honda engine which I have. The question I'm aiming at here is my one Landa has a 16hp engine and it produces similiar #'s with the difference being a slight decrease in gal/min(4.8 compared to 5.2)Why do you suppose the older Landa had such a big engine and can this conversion to 18hp be done with no damaging effects?
I spoke to 2 guys in my area about this and they had slightly different answers. One guy said this can be done but just lower the psi slightly where the other guy said that this machine basically needs 18.2hp so an 18 hp should be enough to do the conversion with no side effects.
Your input along with anyone else here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks-John-

------------------

Mark

Moderator / Sponsor
The 20 HP Honda would be fine,the 24 HP Onan was always more than the minimum required to power those earlier landa units.

The 18 HP Honda will provide all the power you need to pull the 2000 watt generator and to deliver 5.2 GPM @ 3000 PSI.

We have made the similar conversions for customers before.

Always put "Never Seize" on the engine shaft and pump shaft it will make future disassembly MUCH Easier!
spin.gif

------------------
Call or e-mail me if I can be of assistance!
1 800 292-3279

Mark McIntyre: AKA: Pressure Washer Zone Man.
PressureWasherZone.com EasyCleanSystems.com
Mark@easycleansystems.com

916 638-0828

H

Hotwaterwizard

The 24hp was an optional upgrade to that machine the stock version has the Vanguard 16hp. This means you will not have any problems running the 18hp. You might have to buy a new pulley bushing though.

------------------
Hotwaterwizard@aol.com If You have a problem with your machine, just ask I'll help if I can.

Clean County

Thanks Wiz,Mark for the responses. Hey Wiz thats exactly what I thought I would have to replace. Once again thanks.--John--

------------------

Our Sponsors