Oil Filter

Bigreds

I wanted to stock up on oils and Oil Filters, and I read before that cross referencing would not be a problem. I have a 16 hp Vanguard and the original Briggs Filter #492932. I have called everywhere to cross reference the briggs with other brands. The only one that could was Napa. I purchased a couple Napa Gold Filters # 1065. I only saved a couple dollars.

My question is does anyone have any other brands which will match up? I seen some part numbers on the 18 hp vanguards which matched fram and duetsch, but they were the taller filters than the one on my 16.

------------------

MobileClean

BR,
The guy at the small engine shop told me that the only difference in the tall filter and the short filter was the space it takes up. In other words, if you have room for it, use the long one, if not, use the short one.
Clent

------------------

Bill Clough

This is the filter you are looking for,FRAM PH3614 this filter crosses with my Briggs, and Kohler filters
hope this helps. Wal-Mart sells this filter for less than $3.

------------------
Bill (CPS CLEANING and RESTORATION)
(740)819-2566

Bigreds

Bill, That is the one I tried first and it was taller than mine.

If that doesn't matter like clent said, then that is great. I will look into it a little more first though. I just figured the taller one was for a bigger motor. I know all the briggs dealers I called said they have two sizes, one being taller.

Just figured I could stock up on more getting them for $2-3 than I could close to $10 a piece.

Thanks guys
------------------

[This message has been edited by Bigreds (edited April 05, 2001).]

H

Hotwaterwizard

Just get the original one you can buy them for $10

------------------
Hotwaterwizard@aol.com If You have a problem with your machine, just ask I'll help if I can.

Our Sponsors