Type of business???

• Thread starter AUSTIN'S AQUA-CLEAN
  • Start date
A

AUSTIN'S AQUA-CLEAN

HOW DOES EVERYONE ELSE HAVE THERE BUSINESS SETUP,,DBA,,LLC,,,S,CORP

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHITCH WAY EVERYONE HAS THERE BUSINESS SETUP IF YOU YOU TELL HOW AND WHY YOU WENT THE WAY YOU DID..

THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSE

SCOTT

spraymasters

Hey Scott welcome to the board. There are so many opinions out there. I will give you my 2 cents worth. We did lots of research before starting our company and there are pros and cons to any way that you go. We finally decided on going the S-Corp route. There are tax advantages and protection of personal liability. But with the corp. there are alot of rules, regs. and paperwork to contend with to keep a true corporation.
You don't want to be sued and the lawyer prove that you were hiding under the "veil of a corporation". So do your homework. We almost went with a LLC but our CPA/Attorney said it is just too new to trust the protection value. There are many types of literature out there for you to do your research from the net, SBA, and your tax attorney. I would be glad to correspond with you further on this. Just too much to print here. Don't want a mini novel I am sure.
smile.gif
Good Luck Scott, Dennis

------------------
Dennis A. Cormier and Gloria A. Wagner
North Georgia Spray Masters, Inc.
spraymasters@hotmail.com

Scott Stone

We have an S-corp as well. Per our accountants instructions
wink.gif
So far it has saved me about $12,000 in taxes over the last couple of years. You do have to be careful about comingling of funds. It makes it easy to pierce the corporate veil. It is worth it.

------------------
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Just a guy driving around trying to make a living washing trucks, Wouldn't know a deck if it bit me in the hind quarters,

Bus. Phone 480-834-3434
Cell Phone 602-509-9741

Russ in Chicago

If you've got assets, protect them with an s-corp status. Ditto everything above. If/when you write your articles of incorporation, be sure to leave a very broad "reason for being in business" this will allow you to do a variety of things and run them through the business. I've got a Power washing/Deck division, a Carpet cleaning division, and started a graphic design business for my wife with a business alias run off the s-corp. My reason for being in business, "Any and all lawful business transactions, etc..." We will soon be adding Landscaping, Ducts, and ??? All with personal liability protection and very little extra cost and paperwork.

A

AUSTIN'S AQUA-CLEAN

thank's to all that responded to my question

i'll still need to check this out a little more,,but thank's again

scott

Douglas Hicks

I am in the process of changing to an "S" Corp from a sole proprietorship. Get you, your lawyer and your accountant in the same room at the same time. Those other people will have different opinions and you will need to have the input from from each to make the best decision for your company and situation. Remember to allow time for the state to do whatever it is the bureucrats to do. In my case, the department of state took 4 days after filling to mail the papers.

Our Sponsors