Painting Skid

Clean County

Hey Wiz,
Keep up the good work. I plan on rebuilding the Landa PW I bought that has a blown engine when I get slow around the end of the fall. I Plan on taking everything off the skid and then sanding the skid down to the bare metal. Of course then I'll prime and paint it. My question to you is in two parts. First of all what kind of paint should be use on the skid and would you spray the primer and paint on or do it with a brush? When I finish with this pw I want it to look new so it can look as good as my other machines.
Thanks
-John-

------------------

H

Hotwaterwizard

sand it down smooth don't worry about going down to metal just feather it smooth. Spray it with primer then paint. I use Rustolium paint. The primer is in the paint and it saves one step.

------------------
Hotwaterwizard@aol.com If You have a problem with your machine, just ask I'll help if I can.

H

Hotwaterwizard

The old primer and paint will protect the frame better than the spray paint you cover it over with so I reccomend feathering it.

------------------
Hotwaterwizard@aol.com If You have a problem with your machine, just ask I'll help if I can.

Our Sponsors